Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HOXA5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HOXA5 antibody
See all HOXA5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HOXA5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Drosophila melanogaster, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the internal sequence amino acids 215-264 (FNRYLTRRRR IEIAHALCLS ERQIKIWFQN RRMKWKKDNK LKSMSMAAAG) of Human HOXA5 (NP_061975).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82645 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 29, 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionSequence-specific transcription factor which is part of a developmental regulatory system that provides cells with specific positional identities on the anterior-posterior axis. Also binds to its own promoter. Binds specifically to the motif 5'-CYYNATTA[TG]Y-3'.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Antp homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Developmental stageExpressed during embryogenesis and in adult kidney.
- Information by UniProt
- Homeo box 1C antibody
- Homeo box A5 antibody
- Homeobox A5 antibody
Anti-HOXA5 antibody (ab82645) at 1 µg/ml + Human placental lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Observed band size: 29 kDa
Additional bands at: 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Gel concentration 12%
ab82645 at 5 µg/ml staining HOXA5 in Human breast tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ab82645 at 5 µg/ml staining HOXA5 in Human kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ab82645 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Wu Y et al. HOXA5 inhibits tumor growth of gastric cancer under the regulation of microRNA-196a. Gene 681:62-68 (2019). PubMed: 30267809
- Wang Z et al. HOXA5 inhibits the proliferation and induces the apoptosis of cervical cancer cells via regulation of protein kinase B and p27. Oncol Rep 41:1122-1130 (2019). PubMed: 30483748
- Wang SL et al. Silencing long non-coding RNA HOTAIR exerts anti-oncogenic effect on human acute myeloid leukemia via demethylation of HOXA5 by inhibiting Dnmt3b. Cancer Cell Int 19:114 (2019). PubMed: 31168296
- Peng X et al. HOXA5 is a tumor suppressor gene that is decreased in gastric cancer. Oncol Rep 40:1317-1329 (2018). PubMed: 30015922
- Dunn J et al. Flow-dependent epigenetic DNA methylation regulates endothelial gene expression and atherosclerosis. J Clin Invest 124:3187-99 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24865430
- Silfa-Mazara F et al. Oxygen differentially affects the hox proteins Hoxb5 and Hoxa5 altering airway branching and lung vascular formation. J Cell Commun Signal 8:231-44 (2014). WB, IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 25073509