Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HOXA9 - C-terminal
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HOXA9 antibody - C-terminal
See all HOXA9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HOXA9 - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken, Guinea pig
- Recombinant Human HOXA9 protein (denatured) (ab180306) can be used as a positive control in WB. Human prostate tissue; A375 cells; A2058 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab191178 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/50.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa.|
FunctionSequence-specific transcription factor which is part of a developmental regulatory system that provides cells with specific positional identities on the anterior-posterior axis.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving HOXA9 is found in a form of acute myeloid leukemia. Translocation t(7;11)(p15;p15) with NUP98.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving HOXA9 may contribute to disease progression in chronic myeloid leukemia. Translocation t(7;17)(p15;q23) with MSI2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Abd-B homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
FormHOXA9 is a transcription factor with a central role in both haemopoiesis and leukaemia. High levels of HOXA9 expression in haemopoietic cells is a characteristic feature of acute myeloid leukaemia (AML), and may be sufficient to cause this disease. Overexpression of Hoxa 9 markedly expands hematopoietic stem cells.
- ABD-B antibody
- Abd-B, drosophila, homolog of antibody
- D6a9 antibody
Anti-HOXA9 antibody - C-terminal (ab191178) at 1/1000 dilution + A2058 cell lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of A375 cells labeling HOXA9 with ab191178 at 1/10 dilution (right histogram) compared to negative control cells (left histogram). FITC-conjugated goat-anti-rabbit secondary antibodies were used for the analysis.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human prostate tissue labeling HOXA9 with ab191178 at 1/75 dilution.
ab191178 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Jin Y et al. Transcription Factor HOXA9 is Linked to the Calcification and Invasion of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. Sci Rep 9:6773 (2019). PubMed: 31043660
- Zhang ZF et al. MicroRNA-182 downregulates Wnt/ß-catenin signaling, inhibits proliferation, and promotes apoptosis in human osteosarcoma cells by targeting HOXA9. Oncotarget 8:101345-101361 (2017). PubMed: 29254169
- Morgan R et al. HOX transcription factors are potential targets and markers in malignant mesothelioma. BMC Cancer 16:85 (2016). PubMed: 26867567