Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HOXD13
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HOXD13 antibody
See all HOXD13 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HOXD13
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human HOXD13 aa 200-300 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- In Western Blot, this antibody gave a positive signal against following lysates: HOXD13 Recombinant Protein; Mouse stomach tissue lysate. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: DU145
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19866 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
|IHC-FoFr||1/100 - 1/300.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
RelevanceThis gene belongs to the homeobox family of genes. The homeobox genes encode a highly conserved family of transcription factors that play an important role in morphogenesis in all multicellular organisms. Mammals possess four similar homeobox gene clusters, HOXA, HOXB, HOXC and HOXD, located on different chromosomes, consisting of 9 to 11 genes arranged in tandem. This gene is one of several homeobox HOXD genes located in a cluster on chromosome 2. Deletions that remove the entire HOXD gene cluster or the 5' end of this cluster have been associated with severe limb and genital abnormalities. Mutations in this particular gene cause synpolydactyly.
- HOXD13 antibody
- BDE antibody
- BDSD antibody
ICC/IF image of ab19866 stained DU145 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab19866 at 5 ug/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab19866 was tested in IHC of formalin fixed sections from mouse (over two weeks of age) lung. Antigen retrieval was in citrate buffer and blocking was in 1% BSA. The primary antibody was incubated at a dilution of 1/100 overnight at 4 degrees celsius. The secondary antibody was a biotin conjugated anti-rabbit IgG.
Anti-HOXD13 antibody (ab19866) at 1 µg/ml + HOXD13 (Human) Recombinant Protein at 0.2 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 68 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab19866 was tested on a recombinant GST tagged HOXD13 protein (Human) predicted to run at 65 kDa.
ab19866 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Tatangelo F et al. Posterior HOX genes and HOTAIR expression in the proximal and distal colon cancer pathogenesis. J Transl Med 16:350 (2018). PubMed: 30541551
- Aquino G et al. Deregulation of paralogous 13 HOX genes in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Am J Cancer Res 5:3042-55 (2015). PubMed: 26693058
- Cantile M et al. Aberrant expression of posterior HOX genes in well differentiated histotypes of thyroid cancers. Int J Mol Sci 14:21727-40 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24189220
- Illig R et al. Spatio-temporal expression of HOX genes in human hindgut development. Dev Dyn 242:53-66 (2013). PubMed: 23073994
- Illig R et al. Breaking the seals: efficient mRNA detection from human archival paraffin-embedded tissue. RNA 15:1588-96 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 19549718
- Cantile M et al. HOX D13 expression across 79 tumor tissue types. Int J Cancer 125:1532-41 (2009). PubMed: 19488988