Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5777] to HP1 alpha - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 555)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 555. Ex: 555nm, Em: 565nm
Product nameAnti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 555)
See all HP1 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5777] to HP1 alpha - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 555)
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 555. Ex: 555nm, Em: 565nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human HP1 alpha aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- ICC/IF: MCF7 and wildtype HAP1 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (ab109028)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab185018)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (HRP) (ab197721)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab198391)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab202533)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab203431)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (PE) (ab210585)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - BSA and Azide free (ab226049)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203432 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/500.|
FunctionComponent of heterochromatin that recognizes and binds histone H3 tails methylated at 'Lys-9' (H3K9me), leading to epigenetic repression. In contrast, it is excluded from chromatin when 'Tyr-41' of histone H3 is phosphorylated (H3Y41ph). Can interact with lamin-B receptor (LBR). This interaction can contribute to the association of the heterochromatin with the inner nuclear membrane. Involved in the formation of functional kinetochore through interaction with MIS12 complex proteins.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 chromo domains.
modificationsPhosphorylation of HP1 and LBR may be responsible for some of the alterations in chromatin organization and nuclear structure which occur at various times during the cell cycle (By similarity). Phosphorylated during interphase and possibly hyper-phosphorylated during mitosis.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Component of centromeric and pericentromeric heterochromatin. Associates with chromosomes during mitosis. Associates specifically with chromatin during metaphase and anaphase.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen p25 antibody
- CBX5 antibody
- CBX5_HUMAN antibody
ab203432 staining HP1α in wild-type HAP1 cells (top panel) and HP1α in wild-type HAP1 cells (bottom panel). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with ab203432 at 1/500 dilution (shown in pseudo colour green) and ab7291 at 1μg/ml concentration overnight at +4°C, followed by a further incubation at room temperature for 1h with a goat secondary antibody to Mouse IgG (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab150119) at 2 μg/ml (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled in blue with DAPI.
This product also gave a positive signal under the same testing conditions in HAP1 cells fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8)
ab203432 staining HP1 in MCF7 cells. The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab203432 at a 1/50 dilution (shown in green) and ab195884, Rat monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 647), at a 1/250 dilution (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
ab203432 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Guo YE et al. Pol II phosphorylation regulates a switch between transcriptional and splicing condensates. Nature 572:543-548 (2019). PubMed: 31391587