Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5777] to HP1 alpha - Heterochromatin marker (PE)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Product nameAnti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (PE)
See all HP1 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5777] to HP1 alpha - Heterochromatin marker (PE)
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human HP1 alpha aa 150 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P45973
- Flow Cyt: HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (stable for up to 12 months). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (ab109028)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab185018)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (HRP) (ab197721)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab198391)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 568) (ab202533)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab203431)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - Heterochromatin marker (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab203432)
- Anti-HP1 alpha antibody [EPR5777] - BSA and Azide free (ab226049)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab210585 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
The cellular localisation of this product has been verified in ICC/IF
FunctionComponent of heterochromatin that recognizes and binds histone H3 tails methylated at 'Lys-9' (H3K9me), leading to epigenetic repression. In contrast, it is excluded from chromatin when 'Tyr-41' of histone H3 is phosphorylated (H3Y41ph). Can interact with lamin-B receptor (LBR). This interaction can contribute to the association of the heterochromatin with the inner nuclear membrane. Involved in the formation of functional kinetochore through interaction with MIS12 complex proteins.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 chromo domains.
modificationsPhosphorylation of HP1 and LBR may be responsible for some of the alterations in chromatin organization and nuclear structure which occur at various times during the cell cycle (By similarity). Phosphorylated during interphase and possibly hyper-phosphorylated during mitosis.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Component of centromeric and pericentromeric heterochromatin. Associates with chromosomes during mitosis. Associates specifically with chromatin during metaphase and anaphase.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen p25 antibody
- CBX5 antibody
- CBX5_HUMAN antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab210585 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 90% methanol at -20°C for 15 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab210585, 1/500 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C.
Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Phycoerythrin (ab209478) used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 50 mW Yellow/Green laser (561nm) and 586/15 bandpass filter.
ab210585 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.