Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [TVG 261] to HPV16 E2
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HPV16 E2 antibody [TVG 261]
See all HPV16 E2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TVG 261] to HPV16 E2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Vaccinia-E2 followed by intravenous injection of the maltose binding protein MBP-E2 (generated from an expression vector in which the E2 ORF was cloned in frame with malE).
Epitopeaa2-17 - ETLCQRLNVCQDKILT.
The human papilloma virus (HPV) family of DNA tumor viruses includes HPV-16 and HPV-18, which are associated with a large proportion of cervical cancer cases. E1 and E2 are proteins involved in the regulation of viral DNA replication. TVG 261 is useful for detection of protein in cervical lesions.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Primary antibody notesThe human papilloma virus (HPV) family of DNA tumor viruses includes HPV-16 and HPV-18, which are associated with a large proportion of cervical cancer cases. E1 and E2 are proteins involved in the regulation of viral DNA replication. TVG 261 is useful for detection of protein in cervical lesions.
Clone numberTVG 261
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17185 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
- HPV16 regulatory protein E2 antibody
- Human papilloma virus 16 E2 antibody
- Human papilloma virus 16 regulatory protein E2 antibody
ab17185 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Evans MR et al. Human Papillomavirus 16 E2 Regulates Keratinocyte Gene Expression Relevant to Cancer and the Viral Life Cycle. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30518656
- Ludwig S et al. Molecular and Functional Profiles of Exosomes From HPV(+) and HPV(-) Head and Neck Cancer Cell Lines. Front Oncol 8:445 (2018). PubMed: 30370252
- Yuan R et al. Cardioprotective Effects of HuoxueAnshen Recipe against Myocardial Injuries Induced by Sleep Deprivation in Rats. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2017:7359760 (2017). PubMed: 28479928
- Evans MR et al. An oral keratinocyte life cycle model identifies novel host genome regulation by human papillomavirus 16 relevant to HPV positive head and neck cancer. Oncotarget 8:81892-81909 (2017). WB . PubMed: 29137231
- Harris L et al. The Cellular DNA Helicase ChlR1 Regulates Chromatin and Nuclear Matrix Attachment of the Human Papillomavirus 16 E2 Protein and High-Copy-Number Viral Genome Establishment. J Virol 91:N/A (2017). WB . PubMed: 27795438
- Campos-León K et al. Association of Human Papillomavirus 16 E2 with Rad50-Interacting Protein 1 Enhances Viral DNA Replication. J Virol 91:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28031358
- Klymenko T et al. Human Papillomavirus E2 Regulates SRSF3 (SRp20) To Promote Capsid Protein Expression in Infected Differentiated Keratinocytes. J Virol 90:5047-58 (2016). PubMed: 26962216
- Sharma R & Palefsky JM Addition of a single E2 binding site to the human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 long control region enhances killing of HPV positive cells via HPV E2 protein-regulated herpes simplex virus type 1 thymidine kinase-mediated suicide gene therapy. Hum Gene Ther 21:843-54 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20132050
- Fernandez AF et al. The dynamic DNA methylomes of double-stranded DNA viruses associated with human cancer. Genome Res 19:438-51 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19208682
- Hibma MH et al. The interaction between human papillomavirus type 16 E1 and E2 proteins is blocked by an antibody to the N-terminal region of E2. Eur J Biochem 229:517-25 (1995). PubMed: 7744075