Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2E7] to HPV18 E2
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human papillomavirus
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HPV18 E2 antibody [2E7]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2E7] to HPV18 E2
SpecificityReacts in WB, and ELISA with HPV18 native E2 protein as well recombinant E2 protein expressed in bacteria and Cos 7 cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human papillomavirus
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to HPV18 E2.
EpitopeMapped to amino acids 1-83.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from bacteria by affinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100969 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa.|
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceHuman papillomaviruses (HPV) are small DNA viruses which infect epithelia of the skin and mucosa. Over 90 types have been identified and they mostly cause a variety of benign lesions such as warts and verrucae. However, some subtypes, notably types 16 and 18, 31 and 33, have been confirmed as agents which cause cervical cancer. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) E2 proteins are the major viral regulators of transcription and replication during the viral life cycle.
Cellular localizationHost nucleus
- SwissProt: P06790 Human papillomavirus
- E2 antibody
- Human papillomavirus type 18 E2 protein antibody
- Regulatory protein E2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HPV18 E2 antibody [2E7] (ab100969) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : lysates of U20S cells transfected with plasmid expressing HPV11 E2 protein
Lane 2 : lysates of plain U20S cells
Lane 3 : lysates of plain HeLa cells
Lane 4 : lysates of U20S transfected with plasmid expressing HPV11 E2 protein
Lane 5 : marker
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Immunofluorescence (IF) analysis of HPV18 E2 protein in U2OS cells. All the nuclei were stained by DAPI. Green color represents nucleus localized HPV18 E2 detected by ab100969.
ab100969 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Fuentes-González AM et al. Intratype variants of the E2 protein from human papillomavirus type 18 induce different gene expression profiles associated with apoptosis and cell proliferation. Arch Virol 164:1815-1827 (2019). PubMed: 30631960
- Cruz-Gregorio A et al. Human Papillomavirus Types 16 and 18 Early-expressed Proteins Differentially Modulate the Cellular Redox State and DNA Damage. Int J Biol Sci 14:21-35 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29483822