Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8E2] to HPV18 E7
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ELISA, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human papillomavirus
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HPV18 E7 antibody [8E2]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8E2] to HPV18 E7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human papillomavirus
Recombinant full length HPV18 E7 protein
EpitopeMapped to amino acids 36-70
- WB: U20S, Hela and SiHa cell lysates. ICC/IF: U2OS cells transfected with plasmid expressing HPV18 E7 protein; Hela cells.
General notesMonoclonal antibody working titer has to be established practically for each particular antigen and assay format.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100953 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
RelevanceHuman papillomaviruses (HPV) are small DNA viruses which infect epithelia of the skin and mucosa. Over 90 types have been identified and they mostly cause a variety of benign lesions such as warts and verrucae. However, some subtypes, notably types 16 and 18, 31 and 33, have been confirmed as agents which cause cervical cancer. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) E2 proteins are the major viral regulators of transcription and replication during the viral life cycle.
- SwissProt: P06788 Human papillomavirus
- E7 protein antibody
- Human Papilloma Virus Type 18 E7 protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-HPV18 E7 antibody [8E2] (ab100953) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : lysate of U20S cells with plasmid expressing E7 protein
Lane 2 : plain U20S lysate
Lane 3 : Hela lysate. HeLa cells containing HPV-18 genome sequences expressing HPV E6 and E7 proteins.
Lane 4 : SiHa lysate
Lane 5 : Marker
Predicted band size: 12 kDa
IP analysis of HPV18 E7 protein using ab100953 at 1/500:
Lane 1: detection of E7 protein in lysate of U20S cells
Lane 2: the lower band is precipitated E7, upper bands are light and heavy chain of antibody
Lane 3: precipitation without ab100953
Lane 4: IP exp. with plain U2OS cells
Lane 5: IP exp. with non-transfected HeLa cells. Lower band corresponds to native HPV-18 E7 protein expressed by HPV-18 genome expressed in Hela cells.
Lane 6: marker.
Immunofluorescent (IF) analysis of HPV18 E7 protein in U2OS cells. IF was carried out with U2OS cells transfected with plasmid expressing HPV18 E7 protein. All the nuclei were stained by DAPI. Green color represents nucleus localized HPV18 E7 detected by ab100953. IF analysis of E7 protein shows similar result also in HeLa cells.
ab100953 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Chen Y et al. In vitro and in vivo growth inhibition of human cervical cancer cells via human papillomavirus E6/E7 mRNAs' cleavage by CRISPR/Cas13a system. Antiviral Res 178:104794 (2020). PubMed: 32298665
- Yun HY et al. Structural basis for recognition of the tumor suppressor protein PTPN14 by the oncoprotein E7 of human papillomavirus. PLoS Biol 17:e3000367 (2019). PubMed: 31323018
- Morgan EL & Macdonald A JAK2 Inhibition Impairs Proliferation and Sensitises Cervical Cancer Cells to Cisplatin-Induced Cell Death. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31817106
- Li C et al. Phenyllactic acid promotes cell migration and invasion in cervical cancer via IKK/NF-?B-mediated MMP-9 activation. Cancer Cell Int 19:241 (2019). PubMed: 31572058
- Morgan EL et al. STAT3 activation by E6 is essential for the differentiation-dependent HPV18 life cycle. PLoS Pathog 14:e1006975 (2018). PubMed: 29630659