Key features and details
- HRP Rabbit polyclonal to 6X His tag®
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameHRP Anti-6X His tag® antibody
See all 6X His tag® primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Rabbit polyclonal to 6X His tag®
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Synthetic peptide: HHHHHH conjugated to KLH.
- E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate - expressing 6X His tag protein (ab2431) can be used as a positive control in WB.
HIS-TAG® is a trademark of EMD Biosciences, Inc.
See other anti-rabbit secondary antibodies that can be used with this antibody.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.002% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.19% HEPES, 0.58% Sodium chloride, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were immunoaffinity purified using the peptide conjugated to a solid-phase support and conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
- HRP Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab202004)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1187 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/5000 - 1/20000.
1/1000 - 1/5000.
1/5000 - 1/20000.
1/1000 - 1/5000.
RelevanceThe H-H-H-H-H-H motif is used as a tag on many recombinant proteins to facilitate purification. The antibody recognizes the His-tag fused to the amino- or carboxy- termini of targeted proteins in transfected or transformed cells.
Cellular localizationDepends upon the localization of the parent protein tagged with hexahistidine.
- 6 His epitope tag antibody
- Hexa His tag antibody
- HHHHHH epitope tag antibody
All lanes : HRP Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab1187) at 1/4000 dilution
Lane 1 : 4ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Lane 2 : 2ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Lane 3 : 1ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Lane 4 : 0.5ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Observed band size: 136 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab1187 has been referenced in 83 publications.
- Nürenberg-Goloub E et al. Molecular analysis of the ribosome recycling factor ABCE1 bound to the 30S post-splitting complex. EMBO J 39:e103788 (2020). PubMed: 32064661
- Jalal AS et al. ParB spreading on DNA requires cytidine triphosphate in vitro. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32077854
- Constantinescu-Bercu A et al. Activated aIIbß3 on platelets mediates flow-dependent NETosis via SLC44A2. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32314961
- Rai K et al. Enhanced anticoagulant activity of hirudin-i analogue co-expressed with arylsulfotransferase in periplasm of E. coli BL21(DE3). J Biotechnol 323:107-112 (2020). PubMed: 32795502
- Kralovicova J et al. Cancer-Associated Substitutions in RNA Recognition Motifs of PUF60 and U2AF65 Reveal Residues Required for Correct Folding and 3' Splice-Site Selection. Cancers (Basel) 12:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32664474