Key features and details
- HRP Goat polyclonal to Aldolase
- Suitable for: IP, WB
- Reacts with: Rabbit, Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameHRP Anti-Aldolase antibody
See all Aldolase primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Goat polyclonal to Aldolase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Rabbit Aldolase aa 1-364. Purified from Rabbit Muscle.
MPHSHPALTPEQKKELSDIAHRIVAPGKGILAADESTGSIAKRLQSIGTE NTEENRRFYRQLLLTADDRVNPCIGGVILFHETLYQKADDGRPFPQVIKS KGGVVGIKVDKGVVPLAGTNGETTTQGLDGLSERCAQYKKDGADFAKWRC VLKIGEHTPSALAIMENANVLARYASICQQNGIVPIVEPEILPDGDHDLK RCQYVTEKVLAAVYKALSDHHIYLEGTLLKPNMVTPGHACTQKYSHEEIA MATVTALRRTVPPAVTGVTFLSGGQSEEEASINLNAINKCPLLKPWALTF SYGRALQASALKAWGGKKENLKAAQEEYVKRALANSLACQGKYTPSGQAG AAASESLFIS NHAY
Database link: P00883
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Gentamicin sulphate
Constituents: 0.88% Sodium chloride, 0.27% Potassium phosphate, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesIgG fraction antibody purified from monospecific antiserum by a multi-step process which includes delipidation, salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography followed by extensive dialysis against the buffer.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181662 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa.|
FunctionPlays a key role in glycolysis and gluconeogenesis. In addition, may also function as scaffolding protein.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate and glycerone phosphate from D-glucose: step 4/4.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALDOA are the cause of glycogen storage disease type 12 (GSD12) [MIM:611881]; also known as red cell aldolase deficiency. A metabolic disorder associated with increased hepatic glycogen and hemolytic anemia. It may lead to myopathy with exercise intolerance and rhabdomyolysis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class I fructose-bisphosphate aldolase family.
- Information by UniProt
- ALDA antibody
- Aldo1 antibody
- ALDOA antibody
HRP Anti-Aldolase antibody (ab181662) at 1/1000 dilution + A293 whole cell lysate
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
4-12% tris glycine gradient gel for SDS-PAGE
Immunoprecipitation and Western Blot analysis.
300 µl aliquots of whole anti-aldolase antiserum were used to precipitate varying amounts of purified aldolase and precipitates with controls were compared by SDS-PAGE and Western blot. Samples shown in the image are:
1. Purified aldolase
2. 300 µl antiserum with no antigen (negative control)
3. 300 µl antiserum with ~100 µl aldolase (2.5 mg/ml)
4. 300 µl antiserum with ~200 µl aldolase (2.5 mg/ml)
Immunoprecipitation was performed with 300 μl of anti-Aldolase antiserum and an equal volume of varied amounts (diluted from a stock solution of ~2.5 mg/ml) of purified aldolase in PBS.
1. Purified Aldolase (1μg)
2. Precipitation negative control (antiserum + No antigen)
3. 300 μl antiserum + 20 μl Aldolase
4. 300 μl antiserum + 80 μl Aldolase
5. 300 μl antiserum + 120 μl Aldolase
6. 300 μl antiserum + 150 μl Aldolase
7. 300 μl antiserum + 300 μl Aldolase
ab181662 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Zhang W et al. Effects of Vitamin A on Expressions of Apoptosis Genes Bax and Bcl-2 in Epithelial Cells of Corneal Tissues Induced by Benzalkonium Chloride in Mice with Dry Eye. Med Sci Monit 25:4583-4589 (2019). PubMed: 31257361
- Song L et al. Exploring the active mechanism of berberine against HCC by systematic pharmacology and experimental validation. Mol Med Rep 20:4654-4664 (2019). PubMed: 31545468