Key features and details
- HRP Mouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameHRP Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control
See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Mouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
Predicted to work with: Guinea pig
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Chicken alpha Tubulin.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate - normal tissue Xenopus (Blastula) Whole Cell Lysate. IHC-P: FFPE human colon (normal) tissue sections.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% 10% Proclin 300 Solution
Constituents: 1% BSA, 30% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- Alexa Fluor® 680 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab184093)
- Alexa Fluor® 790 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab184577)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (ab195887)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (ab195889)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - BSA and Azide free (ab264493)
- FITC Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (ab64503)
- Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab7291)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
- alpha Tubulin peptide (ab195584)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40742 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 57 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha chains at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- ALS22 antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibody
All lanes : HRP Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Loading Control (ab40742) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate (ab7179)
Lane 3 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Xenopus Laevis Protein Extracts (Stg 8)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 57 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 2 minutes
IHC image of alpha Tubulin staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal human colon tissue*, performed on a Leica BONDTM. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins. The section was then incubated with ab40742, 1/100 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset negative control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
ab40742 has been referenced in 40 publications.
- Iyer S et al. Elevation of the unfolded protein response increases RANKL expression. FASEB Bioadv 2:207-218 (2020). PubMed: 32259048
- van den Bergen JA et al. Analysis of variants in GATA4 and FOG2/ZFPM2 demonstrates benign contribution to 46,XY disorders of sex development. Mol Genet Genomic Med 8:e1095 (2020). PubMed: 31962012
- Heilig R et al. Caspase-1 cleaves Bid to release mitochondrial SMAC and drive secondary necrosis in the absence of GSDMD. Life Sci Alliance 3:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32345661
- Flynn SM et al. MALT-1 mediates IL-17 neural signaling to regulate C. elegans behavior, immunity and longevity. Nat Commun 11:2099 (2020). PubMed: 32350248
- Santos JC et al. Human GBP1 binds LPS to initiate assembly of a caspase-4 activating platform on cytosolic bacteria. Nat Commun 11:3276 (2020). PubMed: 32581219