Key features and details
- HRP Goat polyclonal to Apolipoprotein CIII
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameHRP Anti-Apolipoprotein CIII antibody
See all Apolipoprotein CIII primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Goat polyclonal to Apolipoprotein CIII
SpecificitySpecifically binds to human Apolipoprotein CIII.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native APO CIII protein (purified) (Human)
The antibody can be used for detection of human apo CIII in plasma, immunoassays and immunoblots.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 0.134% PBS, 0.58% Sodium chloride, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesHuman Apolipoprotein CIII-SepharoseTM affinity column.
Primary antibody notesThe antibody can be used for detection of human apo CIII in plasma, immunoassays and immunoblots.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
FunctionInhibits lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase and decreases the uptake of lymph chylomicrons by hepatic cells. This suggests that it delays the catabolism of triglyceride-rich particles.
Tissue specificityConstitutes 50% of the protein fraction of VLDL and 2% of that of HDL. Synthesized predominantly in liver and to a lesser degree in intestine.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in APOC3 may be a cause of hyperalphalipoproteinemia (HYPALIP) [MIM:143470]. Affected individuals show high levels of alpha-lipoprotein (high density lipoprotein/HDL).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the apolipoprotein C3 family.
modificationsO-linked glycan consists of Gal-GalNAc disaccharide, further modified with up to 3 sialic acid residues. O-glycosylated on Thr-94 with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan.
- Information by UniProt
- APOC3 antibody
- APO C3 antibody
- Apo CIII antibody
ab27624 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Mak AC et al. Effects of the absence of apolipoprotein e on lipoproteins, neurocognitive function, and retinal function. JAMA Neurol 71:1228-36 (2014). PubMed: 25111166
- Park KH et al. Senescence-related truncation and multimerization of apolipoprotein A-I in high-density lipoprotein with an elevated level of advanced glycated end products and cholesteryl ester transfer activity. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:600-10 (2010). Sandwich ELISA . PubMed: 20421239
- Cho KH et al. Myocardial infarction patients show altered lipoprotein properties and functions when compared with stable angina pectoris patients. Exp Mol Med 41:67-76 (2009). PubMed: 19287187