Key features and details
- HRP Mouse monoclonal [AC-15] to beta Actin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig, Carp, Monkey
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameHRP Anti-beta Actin antibody [AC-15]
See all beta Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Mouse monoclonal [AC-15] to beta Actin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig, Carp, Monkey
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other speciesDoes not react with: Drosophila melanogaster, Dictyostelium discoideum
- NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate (ab7179) can be used as a positive control in WB. Chicken gizzard tissue cryosections. Human foreskin fibroblasts. Chicken fibroblasts. Rat dorsal root ganglion and Rat liver lysates
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Prestained Protein Ladder - Broad molecular weight (10-245 kDa) (ab116028)
- Human beta Actin peptide (ab13772)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49900 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/25000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Information by UniProt
- A26C1A antibody
- A26C1B antibody
- ACTB antibody
All lanes : HRP Anti-beta Actin antibody [AC-15] (ab49900) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa Lysate
Lane 3 : 3T3 Lysate
Lane 4 : NRK Lysate
Lane 5 : MDCK Lysate
Lane 6 : MDBK Lysate
Lane 7 : BHK Lysate
Lane 8 : COS7 Lysate
Lane 9 : CFB Lysate
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Proteins were loaded onto a 10% SDS-polyacrylamide gel. After gel electrophoresis, blots were subsequently probed with primary antibodies anti- IL-6 at 1:1000 (ab6672), anti- IL-17 at 1:3000, anti-TGF-β at 1:1000 (ab66043). For detection, horseradish peroxidase-conjugated secondary anti-rabbit antibody was used followed by enhanced chemiluminescence development.
Normalization of results was ensured by running parallel western blots with β-actin antibody at 1:25,000 (ab49900). The optical density was quantified using an image densitometer. The data are presented as a percentage of target protein relative to β-actin. A value of p<0.05 is considered significant.
HRP Anti-beta Actin antibody [AC-15] (ab49900) at 1/25000 dilution + Whole cell lysate of Human acute monocytic leukemia THP-1. at 10 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Blocking Step: 5% Milk for 1 hour at 22°C.
ab49900 has been referenced in 236 publications.
- Mayr L et al. Dietary lipids fuel GPX4-restricted enteritis resembling Crohn's disease. Nat Commun 11:1775 (2020). PubMed: 32286299
- Chen R et al. Promoter-Level Transcriptome Identifies Stemness Associated With Relatively High Proliferation in Pancreatic Cancer Cells. Front Oncol 10:316 (2020). PubMed: 32266133
- Bartolome F et al. Endothelial-specific deficiency of megalin in the brain protects mice against high-fat diet challenge. J Neuroinflammation 17:22 (2020). PubMed: 31937343
- Li Q et al. p53 Integrates Temporal WDR5 Inputs during Neuroectoderm and Mesoderm Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells. Cell Rep 30:465-480.e6 (2020). PubMed: 31940490
- Dahal B et al. EGR1 upregulation following Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus infection is regulated by ERK and PERK pathways contributing to cell death. Virology 539:121-128 (2020). PubMed: 31733451