Key features and details
- HRP Mouse monoclonal [BA3R] to beta Actin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameHRP Anti-beta Actin antibody [BA3R]
See all beta Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Mouse monoclonal [BA3R] to beta Actin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human beta Actin (N terminal).
Database link: P60709
- HeLa, 293T, U2OS, COS7, NIH 3T3 and NRK cell lysates.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Concentration information loading...
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab29545)
- NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate (ab7179)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab173838 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.Can be blocked with Recombinant Human beta Actin protein (His tag) (ab240844).|
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Information by UniProt
- A26C1A antibody
- A26C1B antibody
- ACTB antibody
All lanes : HRP Anti-beta Actin antibody [BA3R] (ab173838) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : U2OS cell lysate
Lane 4 : COS7 cell lysate
Lane 5 : NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Lane 6 : NRK cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
4-20% Tris-HCl polyacrylamide gel.
ab173838 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Pan Y et al. Bromodomain PHD-finger transcription factor promotes glioma progression and indicates poor prognosis. Oncol Rep 41:246-256 (2019). PubMed: 30542695
- Wang T et al. Effects of leukemia inhibitory factor receptor on the adipogenic differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Mol Med Rep 19:4719-4726 (2019). PubMed: 31059010
- Canzoneri R et al. Alternative splicing variant of RHBDD2 is associated with cell stress response and breast cancer progression. Oncol Rep 40:909-915 (2018). PubMed: 29901166
- Li X et al. miR-377-3p regulates adipogenic differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells by regulating LIFR. Mol Cell Biochem N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29959592
- Windrem MS et al. Human iPSC Glial Mouse Chimeras Reveal Glial Contributions to Schizophrenia. Cell Stem Cell 21:195-208.e6 (2017). PubMed: 28736215