Key features and details
- HRP Mouse monoclonal [24C5] to BNP
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameHRP Anti-BNP antibody [24C5]
See all BNP primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Mouse monoclonal [24C5] to BNP
SpecificityMAb 1B6 recognizes proBNP in Western Blotting after tricine-SDS-gel electrophoresis in reducing conditions.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
General notesImmunoglobulin concentrations vary from batch to batch (generally 5-8 mg/ml for this clone). Please contact technical services for the latest information.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Proclin 300
Constituents: 0.8% Sodium chloride, 0.02% Potassium chloride, 0.024% Monobasic dihydrogen potassium phosphate, 0.18% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
sELISA pair antibody
sELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Can be paired for ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [50E1] to BNP (ab20984).
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceBrain natriuretic peptide (BNP) circulates in blood as a peptide hormone with natriuretic, vasodilatory and renin inhibitory properties. BNP is secreted predominantly by the left ventricular myocytes in response to volume expansion and pressure overload. BNP belongs to a family of structurally similar peptide hormones, which includes atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), BNP, C type natriuretic peptide (CNP) and urodilatin. These peptides are characterized by a common 17 amino acid ring structure with a disulfide bond between two cystein residues. This ring structure shows high homology between different natriuretic peptides (eleven of the 17 amino acid residues are homologous in the ring of each of the natriuretic peptides). BNP is a 32 amino acid peptide with disulfide bond between the cysteine residues Cys10 and Cys26. In earlier studies it has been demonstrated that BNP concentration in blood increases with the severity of congestive heart failure. Quantitative measurement of BNP in blood provides an objective indicator of congestive heart failure severity.
- BNP(1-28) antibody
- BNP(1-29) antibody
- BNP(1-30) antibody
ab14699 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Gong Y et al. Improved LFIAs for highly sensitive detection of BNP at point-of-care. Int J Nanomedicine 12:4455-4466 (2017). PubMed: 28670119
- Ding YD et al. A sandwich ELISA for assessment of pharmacokinetics of HSA-(BNP)2 fusion protein in mouse plasma. J Pharm Biomed Anal 51:658-63 (2010). ELISA . PubMed: 19836183