Key features and details
- HRP Sheep polyclonal to C1q
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameHRP Anti-C1q antibody
See all C1q primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Sheep polyclonal to C1q
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
FunctionC1q associates with the proenzymes C1r and C1s to yield C1, the first component of the serum complement system. The collagen-like regions of C1q interact with the Ca(2+)-dependent C1r(2)C1s(2) proenzyme complex, and efficient activation of C1 takes place on interaction of the globular heads of C1q with the Fc regions of IgG or IgM antibody present in immune complexes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in C1QA are a cause of complement component C1q deficiency (C1QD) [MIM:613652]. A rare defect resulting in C1 deficiency and impaired activation of the complement classical pathway. C1 deficiency generally leads to severe immune complex disease with features of systemic lupus erythematosus and glomerulonephritis.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C1q domain.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
modificationsO-linked glycans consist of Glc-Gal disaccharides bound to the oxygen atom of post-translationally added hydroxyl groups.
- Information by UniProt
- C1qa antibody
- C1QA_HUMAN antibody
- C1QB antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab46191 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Douglas AD et al. A defined mechanistic correlate of protection against Plasmodium falciparum malaria in non-human primates. Nat Commun 10:1953 (2019). PubMed: 31028254
- Lee JH et al. Biological Characterization of SB3, a Trastuzumab Biosimilar, and the Influence of Changes in Reference Product Characteristics on the Similarity Assessment. BioDrugs 33:411-422 (2019). PubMed: 31190280
- Klaus T & Bereta J CH2 Domain of Mouse IgG3 Governs Antibody Oligomerization, Increases Functional Affinity to Multivalent Antigens and Enhances Hemagglutination. Front Immunol 9:1096 (2018). PubMed: 29875771
- Zhou W et al. Characterization of antibody-C1q interactions by Biolayer Interferometry. Anal Biochem 549:143-148 (2018). PubMed: 29577875
- Rasche L et al. The natural human IgM antibody PAT-SM6 induces apoptosis in primary human multiple myeloma cells by targeting heat shock protein GRP78. PLoS One 8:e63414 (2013). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 23667612
- Richter F et al. Antagonistic TNF receptor one-specific antibody (ATROSAB): receptor binding and in vitro bioactivity. PLoS One 8:e72156 (2013). PubMed: 23977237
- Roumenina LT et al. Heme interacts with c1q and inhibits the classical complement pathway. J Biol Chem 286:16459-69 (2011). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 21454703
- Roumenina LT et al. Functional complement C1q abnormality leads to impaired immune complexes and apoptotic cell clearance. J Immunol 187:4369-73 (2011). PubMed: 21930969
- Li Q et al. Human IgG1 Monoclonal Antibody against Human Collagen 17 Noncollagenous 16A Domain Induces Blisters via Complement Activation in Experimental Bullous Pemphigoid Model. J Immunol 185:7746-55 (2010). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 21076071