Key features and details
- HRP Rabbit polyclonal to E. coli
- Suitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Escherichia coli
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameHRP Anti-E. coli antibody
See all E. coli primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Rabbit polyclonal to E. coli
SpecificityAll O and K antigenic serotypes of Escherichia coli. Antiserum is not absorbed and does react with related Enterobacteriaceae.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Escherichia coli
Mixture of E.coli serotypes
Will remove E. coli proteins from recombinant preparations.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.002% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesWill remove E. coli proteins from recombinant preparations.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20425 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Against serotypes O157:H7, O20, O125, O55, O111 and K12.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceEscherichia coli is a gram negative bacillus that belongs to a larger group of Enterobacteriae - bacteria that inhabit the gastrointestinal tract. Although usually a harmless resident of the gut, some strains have the potential to cause serious problems, especially where there is an immature immune system or immunosuppression, or where the subtype of organism has acquired the ability to produce pathogenic toxins.
- Escherichia coli antibody
ab20425 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Sanvicens N et al. Quantum dot-based array for sensitive detection of Escherichia coli. Anal Bioanal Chem 399:2755-62 (2011). PubMed: 21249344
- Baldrich E et al. Self-assembled monolayers as a base for immunofunctionalisation: unequal performance for protein and bacteria detection. Anal Bioanal Chem 390:1557-62 (2008). PubMed: 18256810
- Baldrich E et al. Gold immuno-functionalisation via self-assembled monolayers: study of critical parameters and comparative performance for protein and bacteria detection. J Immunol Methods 336:203-12 (2008). ELISA ; Escherichia coli . PubMed: 18534611
- Laczka O et al. Immunofunctionalisation of gold transducers for bacterial detection by physisorption. Anal Bioanal Chem 391:2825-35 (2008). ELISA ; Escherichia coli . PubMed: 18553187
- Lin YH et al. Disposable amperometric immunosensing strips fabricated by Au nanoparticles-modified screen-printed carbon electrodes for the detection of foodborne pathogen Escherichia coli O157:H7. Biosens Bioelectron 23:1832-7 (2008). PubMed: 18424027
- Laczka O et al. Detection of Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimurium using interdigitated microelectrode capacitive immunosensors: the importance of transducer geometry. Anal Chem 80:7239-47 (2008). PubMed: 18771278