Key features and details
- HRP Rabbit polyclonal to Ferritin
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameHRP Anti-Ferritin antibody
See all Ferritin primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Rabbit polyclonal to Ferritin
Specificityab31996 recognizes ferritin.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein corresponding to Human Ferritin. Human spleen ferritin.
Database link: P02794
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Gentamicin sulphate
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab31996 was prepared from monospecific antiserum, delipidated and defibrinated. Assayed by immunoelectrophoresis resulted in a single precipitin arc against purified and partially purified human spleen ferritin.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
FunctionStores iron in a soluble, non-toxic, readily available form. Important for iron homeostasis. Has ferroxidase activity. Iron is taken up in the ferrous form and deposited as ferric hydroxides after oxidation. Also plays a role in delivery of iron to cells. Mediates iron uptake in capsule cells of the developing kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ferritin family.
Contains 1 ferritin-like diiron domain.
- Information by UniProt
FormSubunit structure: Oligomer of 24 subunits. There are two types of subunits: L (light) chain and H (heavy) chain. The major chain can be light or heavy, depending on the species and tissue type. In the human liver, the heavy chain is predominant. The functional molecule forms a roughly spherical shell with a diameter of 12 nm and contains a central cavity into which the insoluble mineral iron core is deposited.
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 15 protein antibody
- Ferritin H subunit antibody
- Ferritin heavy chain antibody
ab31996 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.