Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- HRP Rabbit monoclonal [EPR16884] to GAPDH - Loading Control
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Conjugation: HRP
Product nameHRP Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] - Loading Control
See all GAPDH primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Rabbit monoclonal [EPR16884] to GAPDH - Loading Control
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Dog, Monkey
Recombinant fragment within Mouse GAPDH aa 1-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P16858
- WB: Human fetal brain, Mouse brain, Rat brain tissue lysates; HeLa, NIH3T3, C6 cell lysates. IHC-P: FFPE human skeletal muscle (normal) tissue sections.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% 10% Proclin 300 Solution
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] - Loading Control (ab181603)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] - BSA and Azide free (ab199554)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (ab204276)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (ab204480)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (ab206373)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (ab206629)
- PE Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] (ab209037)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab204481 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Information by UniProt
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibody
- aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein antibody
IHC image of GAPDH staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal human skeletal muscle*, performed on a Leica BONDTM. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins. The section was then incubated with ab204481, 1/100 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset negative control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
All lanes : HRP Anti-GAPDH antibody [EPR16884] - Loading Control (ab204481) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - fetal normal tissue at 20 µg
Lane 2 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Lane 3 : Brain (Rat) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Lane 4 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Lane 5 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse) Whole Cell Lysate at 20 µg
Lane 6 : C6 (Rat glioma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa
Exposure time: 4 seconds
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab204481 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
ab204481 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Lin C et al. Long non-coding RNA PRNCR1 exerts oncogenic effects in tongue squamous cell carcinoma in vitro and in vivo by sponging microRNA-944 and thereby increasing HOXB5 expression. Int J Mol Med 46:119-130 (2020). PubMed: 32319550
- Lu J et al. Rapamycin-induced autophagy attenuates hormone-imbalance-induced chronic non-bacterial prostatitis in rats via the inhibition of NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated inflammation. Mol Med Rep N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30483781
- Zhang Q et al. Roles of miR-138 and ISG15 in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Exp Ther Med 14:2329-2334 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28962163