Key features and details
- HRP Mouse monoclonal [mAbcam 9484] to GAPDH - Loading Control
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Xenopus laevis, Chinese hamster
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameHRP Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control
See all GAPDH primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Mouse monoclonal [mAbcam 9484] to GAPDH - Loading Control
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Xenopus laevis, Chinese hamster
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human GAPDH.
- WB: HeLa, HEK-293, NIH/3T3 and PC-12 whole cell lysates.
According to our customer's feedback this antibody does not recognise meningococcal GapA1 or GapA2 (GAPDH) recombinant proteins.
This antibody has been conjugated with HRP. The concentration of the original antibody was 1 mg/ml, following conjugation the concentration observed will be higher.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% 10% Proclin 300 Solution
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Clone numbermAbcam 9484
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - BSA and Azide free (ab174646)
- Alexa Fluor® 680 Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control (ab184095)
- Alexa Fluor® 790 Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control (ab184578)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] (ab196697)
- Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control (ab9484)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9482 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 40.2 kDa).
NOT SUITABLE for blocking with milk. Block in 5% BSA for 1 hour. Our labs have thoroughly investigated the blocking conditions for this ab following concerning customer feedback on the lack of signal with some vials. We found that milk significantly decreases signal and is therefore not a suitable blocking agent for this ab (see images of our tests on the datasheet of the unconjugated version, ab9484). This change in characteristics of the ab is due to a recent update to the production process.
FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Information by UniProt
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibody
- aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein antibody
All lanes : HRP Anti-GAPDH antibody [mAbcam 9484] - Loading Control (ab9482) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Hek293 Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : NIH 3T3 Whole Cel lLysate
Lane 4 : PC12 Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 40.2 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 4 minutes
ab9482 has been referenced in 153 publications.
- Chen YH et al. MEHP interferes with mitochondrial functions and homeostasis in skeletal muscle cells. Biosci Rep 40:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32255176
- Liu Y et al. CircRNA DONSON contributes to cisplatin resistance in gastric cancer cells by regulating miR-802/BMI1 axis. Cancer Cell Int 20:261 (2020). PubMed: 32581651
- Jan HM et al. Cholesteryl a-D-glucoside 6-acyltransferase enhances the adhesion of Helicobacter pylori to gastric epithelium. Commun Biol 3:120 (2020). PubMed: 32170208
- Sudaryatma PE et al. Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus Decreased Pasteurella multocida Adherence by Downregulating the Expression of Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1 on the Surface of Upper Respiratory Epithelial Cells. Vet Microbiol 246:108748 (2020). PubMed: 32605748
- Yu L et al. LncRNA SNHG16 promotes non-small cell lung cancer development through regulating EphA2 expression by sponging miR-520a-3p. Thorac Cancer 11:603-611 (2020). PubMed: 31953899