Key features and details
- HRP Mouse monoclonal [4E10] to Interferon alpha 2b
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameHRP Anti-Interferon alpha 2b antibody [4E10]
See all Interferon alpha 2b primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Mouse monoclonal [4E10] to Interferon alpha 2b
SpecificityRecognizes both human recombinant IFN-a2b and IFN-a2a. Does not react with human recombinant IFN-a5 and IFN-g.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Interferon alpha 2b.
Recommended ELISA procedure for human IFN alpha 2b determination: 1. Use 96-well Nunc Maxisorp plates for the assay. Coat microwells with 100 µl/well of antibody 9D3 (ab9386) diluted to 10 µg/ml in coating buffer (0.05 M Na-carbonate, pH 9.5). Incubate overnight at +4°C. 2. Aspirate wells and block with 150 µl/well of blocking buffer (2% BSA in PBS). Incubate at RT for 1 h. 3. Aspirate wells and wash 3 times with PBST (0.1% Tween-20 in PBS). 4. Prepare standard and sample dilutions in PBST. Recommended IFN alpha 2b concentrations: from 100 pg/ml to 100 ng/ml. Add 100 µl of each standard and sample into appropriate wells. Incubate at RT for 2 h. 5. Aspirate and wash 5 times with PBST. 6. Dilute detection antibody 4E10-HRP (ab5258) 1:1000 in PBST. Add 100 µl of diluted detection antibody to each well. Incubate at RT for 1 h. 7. Aspirate and wash 10 times with PBST. 8. Add 100 µl of substrate solution (TMB) to each well. Incubate at RT for 10-20 min. 9. Add 50 µl of stop solution (2 N H2SO4) to each well. Read absorbance at 450 nm.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 28/11/2017. Lot numbers higher than GR308991-1 and GR308991-2 will be from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
FunctionProduced by macrophages, IFN-alpha have antiviral activities.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha 2a interferon antibody
- IFN alpha 2b antibody
- IFN-alpha-2 antibody
ab5258 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Chen J et al. Dissolving microneedle-based intradermal delivery of interferon-a-2b. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 42:890-6 (2016). PubMed: 26467418
- Podobnik B et al. Conjugation of PolyPEG to interferon alpha extends serum half-life while maintaining low viscosity of the conjugate. Bioconjug Chem 26:452-9 (2015). PubMed: 25629733