Key features and details
- HRP Goat polyclonal to Kappa light chain
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameHRP Anti-Kappa light chain antibody
See all Kappa light chain primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Goat polyclonal to Kappa light chain
SpecificityThis antibody recognises mouse kappa light chains; both bound and free.
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Mouse paraproteins with kappa light chains
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesThis antibody was made from pooled antisera from goats immunised with mouse paraproteins bearing kappa light chains. Antiserum was purified by affinity chromatography on pooled mouse Igs with kappa light chains. The antiserum was cross adsorbed on pooled mouse Igs with lambda light chains.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
RelevanceImmunoglobulins belong to a group of related glyco proteins which make up 20% of serum proteins. Antigens and immunoglobulins react to confer immunity to individuals. Immunoglobulins have similar structures of two identical heavy chains and two identical light chains. Both the heavy chains and the light chains are divided into constant and variable regions. The constant regions have the same amino acid sequences between all the immunoglobulin classes. The variable regions have approximately 110 amino acids with high sequence variability. The amino acid sequence of the heavy chain determines the class of an immunoglobulin. The five types of immunoglobulin heavy chains are known as: IgG, IgA, IgM, IgD, and IgE. IgG is divided into four subclasses, and IgA is divided into two subclasses. In serum IgA and IgG are monomers with a single 4 polypeptide unit; while, IgM is a pen tamer. IgA may also form polymers. Kappa light chain antibody can be used for the identification of leukemias, plasmacytomas and certain non Hodgkin's lymphomas. Kappa light chain contains one immunoglobulin like domain. The EU sequence has the INV allotypic marker, Ala 45 and Val 83. The ROY sequence has the INV allotypic marker, Ala 45 and Leu 83.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Secreted
- HCAK 1 antibody
- HCAK1 antibody
- Ig kappa chain C region antibody
ab46527 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com