Key features and details
- HRP Rabbit polyclonal to Lactoferrin
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameHRP Anti-Lactoferrin antibody
See all Lactoferrin primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Rabbit polyclonal to Lactoferrin
Specificityab24264 reacts with human lactoferrin found in human milk. No antibody was detected against other milk or serum proteins.
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native lactoferrin purified from human colostrum.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.164% Sodium phosphate, 1.45% Sodium chloride, 1.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
FunctionTransferrins are iron binding transport proteins which can bind two Fe(3+) ions in association with the binding of an anion, usually bicarbonate.
Lactotransferrin has antimicrobial activity which depends on the extracellular cation concentration.
Lactoferroxins A, B and C have opioid antagonist activity. Lactoferroxin A shows preference for mu-receptors, while lactoferroxin B and C have somewhat higher degrees of preference for kappa-receptors than for mu-receptors.
The lactotransferrin transferrin-like domain 1 functions as a serine protease of the peptidase S60 family that cuts arginine rich regions. This function contributes to the antimicrobial activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transferrin family.
Contains 2 transferrin-like domains.
- Information by UniProt
- GIG12 antibody
- Growth inhibiting protein 12 antibody
- HLF2 antibody
ab24264 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- van Leeuwen S et al. Early salivary changes in multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous HSCT. Oral Dis 24:972-982 (2018). PubMed: 29637662
- Pan Y et al. Electrochemical immunosensor detection of urinary lactoferrin in clinical samples for urinary tract infection diagnosis. Biosens Bioelectron 26:649-54 (2010). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 20667707
- Fischer AJ et al. Differential Gene Expression in Human Conducting Airway Surface Epithelia and Submucosal Glands. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol : (2008). PubMed: 18703793