Key features and details
- HRP Rabbit polyclonal to Myelin Basic Protein
- Suitable for: Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Myelin Basic Protein antibody (HRP)
See all Myelin Basic Protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Myelin Basic Protein (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
Full length bovine Myelin Basic Protein
The purified antibody is conjugated to peroxidase (HRP) through reductive amination. Reductive amination with Ab/HRP ratio: 1/20.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 6.00
Constituents: 5% BSA, 2.94% Sodium citrate, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ELISA pair antibody
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77895 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||1/10000. To be used as detection antibody. Pair with ab28541 - Rabbit polyclonal to Myelin Basic Protein|
FunctionThe classic group of MBP isoforms (isoform 4-isoform 14) are with PLP the most abundant protein components of the myelin membrane in the CNS. They have a role in both its formation and stabilization. The smaller isoforms might have an important role in remyelination of denuded axons in multiple sclerosis. The non-classic group of MBP isoforms (isoform 1-isoform 3/Golli-MBPs) may preferentially have a role in the early developing brain long before myelination, maybe as components of transcriptional complexes, and may also be involved in signaling pathways in T-cells and neural cells. Differential splicing events combined with optional post-translational modifications give a wide spectrum of isomers, with each of them potentially having a specialized function. Induces T-cell proliferation.
Tissue specificityMBP isoforms are found in both the central and the peripheral nervous system, whereas Golli-MBP isoforms are expressed in fetal thymus, spleen and spinal cord, as well as in cell lines derived from the immune system.
Involvement in diseaseNote=The reduction in the surface charge of citrullinated and/or methylated MBP could result in a weakened attachment to the myelin membrane. This mechanism could be operative in demyelinating diseases such as chronical multiple sclerosis (MS), and fulminating MS (Marburg disease).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the myelin basic protein family.
Developmental stageExpression begins abruptly in 14-16 week old fetuses. Even smaller isoforms seem to be produced during embryogenesis; some of these persisting in the adult. Isoform 4 expression is more evident at 16 weeks and its relative proportion declines thereafter.
modificationsSeveral charge isomers of MBP; C1 (the most cationic, least modified, and most abundant form), C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8-A and C8-B (the least cationic form); are produced as a result of optional PTM, such as phosphorylation, deamidation of glutamine or asparagine, arginine citrullination and methylation. C8-A and C8-B contain each two mass isoforms termed C8-A(H), C8-A(L), C8-B(H) and C8-B(L), (H) standing for higher and (L) for lower molecular weight. C3, C4 and C5 are phosphorylated. The ratio of methylated arginine residues decreases during aging, making the protein more cationic.
The N-terminal alanine is acetylated (isoform 3, isoform 4, isoform 5 and isoform 6).
Arg-241 was found to be 6% monomethylated and 60% symmetrically dimethylated.
Cellular localizationMyelin membrane. Cytoplasmic side of myelin.
- Information by UniProt
- GDB antibody
- Golli MBP antibody
- Golli MBP; myelin basic protein antibody
Sandwich ELISA detection of mouse Myelin Basic Protein in the plasma with un-optimized sensitivity 0.1 ng/mL.
Fixed Immobilized Anti-MBP (ab28541): 2 ug/mL, 100 ul/well
Captured Antigen: Swine MBP , range from 1 to 90 ng/mL
Detection: anti-MBP HRP (ab77895), 0.25 ug/mL in 1% BSA and PBSt
Immobilized Anti-MBP (ab28541): range from 0.125 to 2 µg/ml, 100 µl/well
Fixed Captured Antigen: Swine MBP, 500 ng/mL
Detection: anti-MBP HRP (ab77895), 0.25 ug/mL in 1% BSA and PBSt
ab77895 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zahednasab H et al. The protective effect of rifampicin on behavioral deficits, biochemical, and neuropathological changes in a cuprizone model of demyelination. Cytokine 113:417-426 (2019). PubMed: 30539784
- Humphreys CA et al. A protocol for precise comparisons of small vessel disease lesions between ex vivo magnetic resonance imaging and histopathology. Int J Stroke 14:310-320 (2019). PubMed: 30196792
- Kuzina E et al. Glatiramer Acetate and Nanny Proteins Restrict Access of the Multiple Sclerosis Autoantigen Myelin Basic Protein to the 26S Proteasome. Biomed Res Int 2014:926394 (2014). WB ; Cow . PubMed: 25276831
- Ioan-Facsinay A et al. Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies are a collection of anti-citrullinated protein antibodies and contain overlapping and non-overlapping reactivities. Ann Rheum Dis 70:188-93 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20736390