Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- HRP Rabbit monoclonal [EP1238Y] to Notch1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: HRP
Product nameHRP Anti-Notch1 antibody [EP1238Y]
See all Notch1 primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Rabbit monoclonal [EP1238Y] to Notch1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide within Human Notch1 aa 2500-2600. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HEK293 whole cell lysate.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% 10% Proclin 300 Solution
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab194123 in the following tested applications.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 125 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 272 kDa).|
FunctionFunctions as a receptor for membrane-bound ligands Jagged1, Jagged2 and Delta1 to regulate cell-fate determination. Upon ligand activation through the released notch intracellular domain (NICD) it forms a transcriptional activator complex with RBPJ/RBPSUH and activates genes of the enhancer of split locus. Affects the implementation of differentiation, proliferation and apoptotic programs. May be important for normal lymphocyte function. In altered form, may contribute to transformation or progression in some T-cell neoplasms. Involved in the maturation of both CD4+ and CD8+ cells in the thymus. May be important for follicular differentiation and possibly cell fate selection within the follicle. During cerebellar development, may function as a receptor for neuronal DNER and may be involved in the differentiation of Bergmann glia.
Tissue specificityIn fetal tissues most abundant in spleen, brain stem and lung. Also present in most adult tissues where it is found mainly in lymphoid tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NOTCH1 are a cause of bicuspid aortic valve (BAV) [MIM:109730]. A common defect in the aortic valve in which two rather than three leaflets are present. It is often associated with aortic valve calcification and insufficiency. In extreme cases, the blood flow may be so restricted that the left ventricle fails to grow, resulting in hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOTCH family.
Contains 5 ANK repeats.
Contains 36 EGF-like domains.
Contains 3 LNR (Lin/Notch) repeats.
modificationsSynthesized in the endoplasmic reticulum as an inactive form which is proteolytically cleaved by a furin-like convertase in the trans-Golgi network before it reaches the plasma membrane to yield an active, ligand-accessible form. Cleavage results in a C-terminal fragment N(TM) and a N-terminal fragment N(EC). Following ligand binding, it is cleaved by TNF-alpha converting enzyme (TACE) to yield a membrane-associated intermediate fragment called notch extracellular truncation (NEXT). This fragment is then cleaved by presenilin dependent gamma-secretase to release a notch-derived peptide containing the intracellular domain (NICD) from the membrane.
O-glycosylated on the EGF-like domains. Contains both O-linked fucose and O-linked glucose.
Ubiquitinated; undergoes 'Lys-29'-linked polyubiquitination catalyzed by ITCH.
Cellular localizationCell membrane and Nucleus. Following proteolytical processing NICD is translocated to the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- 9930111A19Rik antibody
- AOS5 antibody
- AOVD1 antibody
HRP Anti-Notch1 antibody [EP1238Y] (ab194123) at 1/5000 dilution + HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 272 kDa
Observed band size: 125 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 20 minutes
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 3% milk before being incubated with ab194123 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
ab194123 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Xiao P et al. miR-9 inhibition of neuronal apoptosis and expression levels of apoptosis genes Bcl-2 and Bax in depression model rats through Notch pathway. Exp Ther Med 19:551-556 (2020). PubMed: 31853322
- Hou Y et al. Effect of miR-449a-mediated Notch signaling pathway on the proliferation, apoptosis and invasion of papillary thyroid carcinoma cells. Oncol Rep 43:471-480 (2020). PubMed: 31894345
- Dang NN et al. Abnormal overexpression of G9a in melanoma cells promotes cancer progression via upregulation of the Notch1 signaling pathway. Aging (Albany NY) 12:2393-2407 (2020). PubMed: 32015216
- Meng L et al. Ultrasound-microbubbles-mediated microRNA-449a inhibits lung cancer cell growth via the regulation of Notch1. Onco Targets Ther 12:7437-7450 (2019). PubMed: 31686849
- Wang J et al. EGFL7 participates in regulating biological behavior of growth hormone-secreting pituitary adenomas via Notch2/DLL3 signaling pathway. Tumour Biol 39:1010428317706203 (2017). PubMed: 28705113