Key features and details
- HRP Chicken polyclonal to Protein A
- Suitable for: ELISA
- Reacts with: Staphylococcus aureus
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameHRP Anti-Protein A antibody
See all Protein A primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Chicken polyclonal to Protein A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Staphylococcus aureus
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Protein A.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.002% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.19% HEPES, 0.58% Sodium chloride, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab18596 was immunoaffinity purified off protein A agarose and conjugated with horseradish peroxidase (HRP).
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18596 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/5000 - 1/20000.
1/5000 - 1/20000.
RelevanceProtein A is a surface protein of S.aureus which binds IgG molecules by their Fc region. In serum, the bacteria will bind IgG molecules in the wrong orientation on their surface which hinders opsonization and phagocytosis. Mutants of S. aureus lacking protein A are more efficiently phagocytosed in vitro, and mutants in infection models have diminished virulence. Due to its affinity for the Fc region of many mammalian immunoglobulins, protein A is considered a universal reagent in biochemistry and immunology.
Cellular localizationSecreted; cell wall.
- gG-binding protein A antibody
- Immunoglobulin G binding protein A antibody
- SPA antibody
- Staphylococcal protein A antibody
ab18596 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Dong L et al. A Positive Feedback Loop of lncRNA DSCR8/miR-98-5p/STAT3/HIF-1a Plays a Role in the Progression of Ovarian Cancer. Front Oncol 10:1713 (2020). PubMed: 32984052