Product nameAnti-HSD11B1 antibody
See all HSD11B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HSD11B1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Dog, Pig, Cynomolgus monkey
- HeLa cell lysate, SMMC cell lysate, Raji cell lysate, Colo320 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservatives: 0.025% Thimerosal (merthiolate), 0.025% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109554 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionCatalyzes reversibly the conversion of cortisol to the inactive metabolite cortisone. Catalyzes reversibly the conversion of 7-ketocholesterol to 7-beta-hydroxycholesterol. In intact cells, the reaction runs only in one direction, from 7-ketocholesterol to 7-beta-hydroxycholesterol.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest expression in liver.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSD11B1 are a cause of cortisone reductase deficiency (CRD) [MIM:604931]. In CRD, activation of cortisone to cortisol does not occur, resulting in adrenocorticotropin-mediated androgen excess and a phenotype resembling polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases (SDR) family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 11 beta HSD 1 antibody
- 11 beta HSD1 antibody
- 11 beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Hu Y et al. Corticosterone-Induced Lipogenesis Activation and Lipophagy Inhibition in Chicken Liver Are Alleviated by Maternal Betaine Supplementation. J Nutr 148:316-325 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29546310) »
- Pathak NM et al. Beneficial metabolic effects of dietary epigallocatechin gallate alone and in combination with exendin-4 in high fat diabetic mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol 460:200-208 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 28754350) »