Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HSD11B1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HSD11B1 antibody
See all HSD11B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HSD11B1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Hamster, Cow, Cat, Dog, Monkey, Cynomolgus monkey, Macaque monkey
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab39364 is an affinity purified IgG
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39364 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa).Can be blocked with HSD11B1 peptide (ab101097).|
FunctionCatalyzes reversibly the conversion of cortisol to the inactive metabolite cortisone. Catalyzes reversibly the conversion of 7-ketocholesterol to 7-beta-hydroxycholesterol. In intact cells, the reaction runs only in one direction, from 7-ketocholesterol to 7-beta-hydroxycholesterol.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest expression in liver.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSD11B1 are a cause of cortisone reductase deficiency (CRD) [MIM:604931]. In CRD, activation of cortisone to cortisol does not occur, resulting in adrenocorticotropin-mediated androgen excess and a phenotype resembling polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases (SDR) family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 11 beta HSD 1 antibody
- 11 beta HSD1 antibody
- 11 beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 antibody
Western blot analysis of Sheep liver tissue lysate (5µg/lane) labeling HSD11B1 with ab39364 at 1/500 (16 hours at 4ºC). An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-HSD11B1 antibody (ab39364) at 1 µg/ml + Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
Exposure time: 16 minutes
HSD11B1 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain the higher migration pattern observed.
ab39364 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Huang P et al. HSD11B1 is upregulated synergistically by IFN? and TNFa and mediates TSG-6 expression in human UC-MSCs. Cell Death Discov 6:24 (2020). PubMed: 32328292
- Ma X et al. Analyze and Identify Peiminine Target EGFR Improve Lung Function and Alleviate Pulmonary Fibrosis to Prevent Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease by Phosphoproteomics Analysis. Front Pharmacol 10:737 (2019). PubMed: 31333459
- Zhang Y et al. Glycyrrhetinic Acid Improves Insulin-Response Pathway by Regulating the Balance between the Ras/MAPK and PI3K/Akt Pathways. Nutrients 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30871060
- Felsenthal N et al. Development of migrating tendon-bone attachments involves replacement of progenitor populations. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30504126
- Ghnenis AB et al. Maternal obesity in the ewe increases cardiac ventricular expression of glucocorticoid receptors, proinflammatory cytokines and fibrosis in adult male offspring. PLoS One 12:e0189977 (2017). PubMed: 29267325