Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HSD3B1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65156 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
Function3-beta-HSD is a bifunctional enzyme, that catalyzes the oxidative conversion of Delta(5)-ene-3-beta-hydroxy steroid, and the oxidative conversion of ketosteroids. The 3-beta-HSD enzymatic system plays a crucial role in the biosynthesis of all classes of hormonal steroids. Efficiently catalyzes the transformation of pregnenolone to progesterone, 17-alpha-hydroxypregnenolone to 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone, DHEA to 4-androstenedione, dihydrotestosterone to 5-alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol, dehydroepiandrosterone to androstenedione and 5-alpha-androstan-3 beta,17 beta-diol to 5-alpha-dihydrotestosterone.
Tissue specificityPlacenta and skin. Predominantly expressed in mammary gland tissue.
PathwayLipid metabolism; steroid biosynthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the 3-beta-HSD family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Mitochondrion membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 3 beta and steroid delta isomerase 1 antibody
- 3 beta and steroid hydroxy delta 5 steroid dehydrogenase antibody
- 3 beta HSD I antibody
ab65156 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Bai J et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of methylpyrimidine-fused tricyclic diterpene analogs as novel oral anti-late-onset hypogonadism agents. Eur J Med Chem 176:21-40 (2019). PubMed: 31091478
- Yang Q et al. Effects of Exposure to Bisphenol A during Pregnancy on the Pup Testis Function. Int J Endocrinol 2019:6785289 (2019). PubMed: 31263496
- Shi X & Fu L Piceatannol inhibits oxidative stress through modification of Nrf2-signaling pathway in testes and attenuates spermatogenesis and steroidogenesis in rats exposed to cadmium during adulthood. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:2811-2824 (2019). PubMed: 31496657
- Milon A et al. Do estrogens regulate lipid status in testicular steroidogenic Leydig cell? Acta Histochem 121:611-618 (2019). PubMed: 31126612
- Farina M et al. Transcutaneously refillable, 3D-printed biopolymeric encapsulation system for the transplantation of endocrine cells. Biomaterials 177:125-138 (2018). PubMed: 29886385