Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HSD3B1
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-HSD3B1 antibody
See all HSD3B1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HSD3B1
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Function3-beta-HSD is a bifunctional enzyme, that catalyzes the oxidative conversion of Delta(5)-ene-3-beta-hydroxy steroid, and the oxidative conversion of ketosteroids. The 3-beta-HSD enzymatic system plays a crucial role in the biosynthesis of all classes of hormonal steroids. Efficiently catalyzes the transformation of pregnenolone to progesterone, 17-alpha-hydroxypregnenolone to 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone, DHEA to 4-androstenedione, dihydrotestosterone to 5-alpha-androstane-3 beta,17 beta-diol, dehydroepiandrosterone to androstenedione and 5-alpha-androstan-3 beta,17 beta-diol to 5-alpha-dihydrotestosterone.
Tissue specificityPlacenta and skin. Predominantly expressed in mammary gland tissue.
PathwayLipid metabolism; steroid biosynthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the 3-beta-HSD family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Mitochondrion membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 3 beta and steroid delta isomerase 1 antibody
- 3 beta and steroid hydroxy delta 5 steroid dehydrogenase antibody
- 3 beta HSD I antibody
ab65156 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Ikeda Y et al. The conditional deletion of steroidogenic factor 1 (Nr5a1) in Sox9-Cre mice compromises testis differentiation. Sci Rep 11:4486 (2021). PubMed: 33627800
- Bai J et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of methylpyrimidine-fused tricyclic diterpene analogs as novel oral anti-late-onset hypogonadism agents. Eur J Med Chem 176:21-40 (2019). PubMed: 31091478
- Yang Q et al. Effects of Exposure to Bisphenol A during Pregnancy on the Pup Testis Function. Int J Endocrinol 2019:6785289 (2019). PubMed: 31263496
- Shi X & Fu L Piceatannol inhibits oxidative stress through modification of Nrf2-signaling pathway in testes and attenuates spermatogenesis and steroidogenesis in rats exposed to cadmium during adulthood. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:2811-2824 (2019). PubMed: 31496657
- Milon A et al. Do estrogens regulate lipid status in testicular steroidogenic Leydig cell? Acta Histochem 121:611-618 (2019). PubMed: 31126612