Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [373CT9.1.3] to HSD3B2
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-HSD3B2 antibody [373CT9.1.3]
See all HSD3B2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [373CT9.1.3] to HSD3B2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Goat, Horse, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Cynomolgus monkey, Macaque monkey, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human HSD3B2 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in human adrenal tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75710 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa). Abcam recommends blocking using 3% milk.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
Function3-beta-HSD is a bifunctional enzyme, that catalyzes the oxidative conversion of Delta(5)-ene-3-beta-hydroxy steroid, and the oxidative conversion of ketosteroids. The 3-beta-HSD enzymatic system plays a crucial role in the biosynthesis of all classes of hormonal steroids.
Tissue specificityExpressed in adrenal gland, testis and ovary.
PathwayLipid metabolism; steroid biosynthesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSD3B2 are the cause of adrenal hyperplasia type 2 (AH2) [MIM:201810]. AH2 is a form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia, a common recessive disease due to defective synthesis of cortisol. Congenital adrenal hyperplasia is characterized by androgen excess leading to ambiguous genitalia in affected females, rapid somatic growth during childhood in both sexes with premature closure of the epiphyses and short adult stature. Four clinical types: 'salt wasting' (SW, the most severe type), 'simple virilizing' (SV, less severely affected patients), with normal aldosterone biosynthesis, 'non-classic form' or late onset (NC or LOAH), and 'cryptic' (asymptomatic). In AH2, virilization is much less marked or does not occur. AH2 is frequently lethal in early life.
Note=Mild HSD3B2 deficiency in hyperandrogenic females is associated with characteristic traits of polycystic ovary syndrome, such as insulin resistance and luteinizing hormon hypersecretion.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the 3-beta-HSD family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Mitochondrion membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 3 beta HSD adrenal and gonadal type antibody
- 3 beta HSD II antibody
- 3 beta HSD type II antibody
Anti-HSD3B2 antibody [373CT9.1.3] (ab75710) at 1 µg/ml + Human adrenal normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab29249) at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 110 kDa, 35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
Blocked using 3% milk.
Overlay histogram showing JEG3 cells stained with ab75710 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab75710, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
ab75710 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Li M et al. Quercetin alleviated H2 O2 -induced apoptosis and steroidogenic impairment in goat luteinized granulosa cells. J Biochem Mol Toxicol N/A:e22527 (2020). PubMed: 32410385
- Maoduo Z et al. Effects of LPS on the accumulation of lipid droplets, proliferation, and steroidogenesis in goat luteinized granulosa cells. J Biochem Mol Toxicol N/A:e22329 (2019). PubMed: 30934154
- Ide H et al. Modulation of AKR1C2 by curcumin decreases testosterone production in prostate cancer. Cancer Sci 109:1230-1238 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29369461
- Neubauer E et al. Up regulation of the steroid hormone synthesis regulator HSD3B2 is linked to early PSA recurrence in prostate cancer. Exp Mol Pathol 105:50-56 (2018). PubMed: 29803408
- Fadhillah et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 mediates hypoxia-enhanced synthesis of progesterone during luteinization of granulosa cells. J Reprod Dev 63:75-85 (2017). WB ; Cow . PubMed: 27840375
- Fadhillah et al. Hypoxia promotes progesterone synthesis during luteinization in bovine granulosa cells. J Reprod Dev 60:194-201 (2014). PubMed: 24583842
- Abe H et al. Lymphatic involvement in the disappearance of steroidogenic cells from the corpus luteum during luteolysis. PLoS One 9:e88953 (2014). IHC ; Cow . PubMed: 24586455
- Kozai K et al. Expression of aldo-keto reductase 1C23 in the equine corpus luteum in different luteal phases. J Reprod Dev 60:150-4 (2014). WB ; Horse . PubMed: 24492656