Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Hsp104
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hsp104 antibody
See all Hsp104 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hsp104
Specificityab69549 detects an ~104 kDa protein, corresponding to the apparent molecular mass of Hsp104 on SDS-PAGE immunoblots, in samples from yeast (S. cerevisiae) origins. This antibody also detects an ~50 kDa band in yeast samples on immunoblot analysis. No reactivity is detected in immunoblot analysis with human, mouse, rat, monkey, and hamster proteins.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- S. cerevisiae cell lysate.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69549 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/5000. Detects bands of approximately 104 & 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceHsp104 is a molecular chaperone required for stress tolerance and for maintenance of [psi(+)] prions in the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Hsp104 is vital to protect yeast cells against high temperature and high concentration of ethanol. It is not required for normal growth.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- L0948 antibody
- Heat shock protein 104 antibody
- Hsp 104 antibody
ab69549 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Babazadeh R et al. Syntaxin 5 Is Required for the Formation and Clearance of Protein Inclusions during Proteostatic Stress. Cell Rep 28:2096-2110.e8 (2019). PubMed: 31433985
- Lian HY et al. Generation and propagation of yeast prion [URE3] are elevated under electromagnetic field. Cell Stress Chaperones 23:581-594 (2018). PubMed: 29214607
- Aslam K et al. The small heat shock protein Hsp31 cooperates with Hsp104 to modulate Sup35 prion aggregation. Prion 10:444-465 (2016). PubMed: 27690738
- Vermulst M et al. Transcription errors induce proteotoxic stress and shorten cellular lifespan. Nat Commun 6:8065 (2015). PubMed: 26304740
- Tsai CJ et al. Hsp31 Is a Stress Response Chaperone That Intervenes in the Protein Misfolding Process. J Biol Chem 290:24816-34 (2015). PubMed: 26306045
- O'Driscoll J et al. Prion aggregate structure in yeast cells is determined by the Hsp104-Hsp110 disaggregase machinery. J Cell Biol 211:145-58 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26438827
- Andersson V et al. Enhancing protein disaggregation restores proteasome activity in aged cells. Aging (Albany NY) 5:802-12 (2013). WB . PubMed: 24243762