Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Hsp20 (phospho S16)
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hsp20 (phospho S16) antibody
See all Hsp20 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hsp20 (phospho S16)
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of Hsp20 only when phosphorylated at serine 16.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Hsp20 around the phosphorylation site of serine 16 (R-A-SP-A-P).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58522 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small heat shock protein (HSP20) family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocates to nuclear foci during heat shock.
- Information by UniProt
- epididymis luminal protein 55 antibody
- FLJ32389 antibody
- Heat shock 20 kDa like protein p20 antibody
ab58522 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Cameron RT et al. Selective inhibition of phosphodiesterases 4, 5 and 9 induces HSP20 phosphorylation and attenuates amyloid beta 1-42-mediated cytotoxicity. FEBS Open Bio 7:64-73 (2017). PubMed: 28097089
- Sin YY et al. Small heat shock protein 20 (Hsp20) facilitates nuclear import of protein kinase D 1 (PKD1) during cardiac hypertrophy. Cell Commun Signal 13:16 (2015). PubMed: 25889640
- Sin YY & Baillie GS Heat shock protein 20 (HSP20) is a novel substrate for protein kinase D1 (PKD1). Cell Biochem Funct 33:421-6 (2015). PubMed: 26443497
- Hedegaard ER et al. Mechanisms involved in increased sensitivity to adenosine A(2A) receptor activation and hypoxia-induced vasodilatation in porcine coronary arteries. Eur J Pharmacol 723:216-26 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24309216
- Cameron RT et al. The phosphorylation of Hsp20 enhances its association with amyloid-ß to increase protection against neuronal cell death. Mol Cell Neurosci 61:46-55 (2014). PubMed: 24859569
- Cameron RT et al. Chemical informatics uncovers a new role for moexipril as a novel inhibitor of cAMP phosphodiesterase-4 (PDE4). Biochem Pharmacol 85:1297-305 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23473803
- Guillory AN et al. Enhanced Cardiac Function in Gravin Mutant Mice Involves Alterations in the ß-Adrenergic Receptor Signaling Cascade. PLoS One 8:e74784 (2013). PubMed: 24058627
- Vafiadaki E et al. Identification of a protein phosphatase-1/phospholamban complex that is regulated by cAMP-dependent phosphorylation. PLoS One 8:e80867 (2013). PubMed: 24244723
- Chen A et al. Lysine deacetylase inhibition promotes relaxation of arterial tone and C-terminal acetylation of HSPB6 (Hsp20) in vascular smooth muscle cells. Physiol Rep 1:e00127 (2013). PubMed: 24400135
- Sin YY et al. Disruption of the cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase-4 (PDE4)-HSP20 complex attenuates the ß-agonist induced hypertrophic response in cardiac myocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol 50:872-83 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21334344