Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Hsp27
- Suitable for: IHC, WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hsp27 antibody
See all Hsp27 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hsp27
SpecificityThis antibody detects an 25 kDa protein, corresponding to the apparent molecular mass of Heat Shock Protein 27 (Hsp27) on SDS-PAGE immunoblots. This antibody has been shown to react with both the phosphorylated and the non-phosphorylated forms of Hsp27. Note: It has been reported that certain murine cell lines do not express Hsp27 under certain conditions. This antibody also recognizes a mitochondrial small Hsp (35 kDa) in rat PC12 cells. This mitochondrial small Hsp is proposed to protect mitochondrial complex I from oxidative stress.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Pig, Monkey
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Hsp27.
Database link: P04792
General notesFor maximum product recovery, after thawing, centrifuge the product vial before removing cap.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12351 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/1 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa.|
FunctionInvolved in stress resistance and actin organization.
Tissue specificityDetected in all tissues tested: skeletal muscle, heart, aorta, large intestine, small intestine, stomach, esophagus, bladder, adrenal gland, thyroid, pancreas, testis, adipose tissue, kidney, liver, spleen, cerebral cortex, blood serum and cerebrospinal fluid. Highest levels are found in the heart and in tissues composed of striated and smooth muscle.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSPB1 are the cause of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2F (CMT2F) [MIM:606595]. CMT2F is a form of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, the most common inherited disorder of the peripheral nervous system. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease is classified in two main groups on the basis of electrophysiologic properties and histopathology: primary peripheral demyelinating neuropathy or CMT1, and primary peripheral axonal neuropathy or CMT2. Neuropathies of the CMT2 group are characterized by signs of axonal regeneration in the absence of obvious myelin alterations, normal or slightly reduced nerve conduction velocities, and progressive distal muscle weakness and atrophy. Nerve conduction velocities are normal or slightly reduced. CMT2F onset is between 15 and 25 years with muscle weakness and atrophy usually beginning in feet and legs (peroneal distribution). Upper limb involvement occurs later. CMT2F inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Defects in HSPB1 are a cause of distal hereditary motor neuronopathy type 2B (HMN2B) [MIM:608634]. Distal hereditary motor neuronopathies constitute a heterogeneous group of neuromuscular disorders caused by selective impairment of motor neurons in the anterior horn of the spinal cord, without sensory deficit in the posterior horn. The overall clinical picture consists of a classical distal muscular atrophy syndrome in the legs without clinical sensory loss. The disease starts with weakness and wasting of distal muscles of the anterior tibial and peroneal compartments of the legs. Later on, weakness and atrophy may expand to the proximal muscles of the lower limbs and/or to the distal upper limbs.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small heat shock protein (HSP20) family.
modificationsPhosphorylated in MCF-7 cells on exposure to protein kinase C activators and heat shock.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Cytoplasmic in interphase cells. Colocalizes with mitotic spindles in mitotic cells. Translocates to the nucleus during heat shock and resides in sub-nuclear structures known as SC35 speckles or nuclear splicing speckles.
- Information by UniProt
- Heat shock 27kDa protein antibody
- 28 kDa heat shock protein antibody
- CMT2F antibody
All lanes : Anti-Hsp27 antibody (ab12351) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MW Marker
Lane 2 : HSP27 Recombinant Human Protein
Lane 3 : HSP25 Recombinant Murine Protein (Negative Control)
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 5 : HeLa cell lysate, Heat Shocked
Lane 6 : Vero, Heat Shocked
Lane 7 : 3T3 cell lysate, heat shocked
Lane 8 : PC-12 cell lysate, Heat Shocked
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of human heart tissue sections with ab12351 at 10 µg/mL.
Anti-Hsp27 antibody (ab12351) at 1/500 dilution + Rat keratinocytes, whole cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 25 kDa
Additional bands at: 120 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 215 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 5 minutes
All lanes : Anti-Hsp27 antibody (ab12351) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Molecular weight marker
Lane 2 : Cell lysates prepared from untreated PC-12 cells
Lane 3 : Cell lysates prepared from heat shock treated PC-12 cells
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
ab12351 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wang D et al. The Antidiabetic and Antinephritic Activities of Auricularia cornea (An Albino Mutant Strain) via Modulation of Oxidative Stress in the db/db Mice. Front Immunol 10:1039 (2019). PubMed: 31134090
- Winter L et al. Imbalances in protein homeostasis caused by mutant desmin. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30179276
- Karim AS et al. Nox2 is a mediator of ischemia reperfusion injury. Am J Transplant 15:2888-99 (2015). PubMed: 26104383
- Bauer AJ et al. Pravastatin attenuates hypertension, oxidative stress, and angiogenic imbalance in rat model of placental ischemia-induced hypertension. Hypertension 61:1103-10 (2013). PubMed: 23460290
- Gilbert JS et al. Placental and vascular adaptations to exercise training before and during pregnancy in the rat. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 303:R520-6 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22814667
- Jiang P et al. Antibiotics increase gut metabolism and antioxidant proteins and decrease acute phase response and necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm neonates. PLoS One 7:e44929 (2012). WB . PubMed: 23028687
- Jain S et al. Expression of phosphorylated heat shock protein 27 during corneal epithelial wound healing. Cornea 31:820-7 (2012). PubMed: 22262220
- Carberry S et al. Profiling of age-related changes in the tibialis anterior muscle proteome of the mdx mouse model of dystrophinopathy. J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:691641 (2012). PubMed: 23093855
- Mullen E et al. Skeletal muscle tissue from the Goto-Kakizaki rat model of type-2 diabetes exhibits increased levels of the small heat shock protein Hsp27. Mol Med Rep 4:229-36 (0). PubMed: 21468556