Product nameAnti-Hsp60 antibody
See all Hsp60 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hsp60
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Cow, Xenopus laevis, Monkey, Zebrafish, Xenopus tropicalis
Recombinant fragment corresponding to a region within amino acids 205-483 of the Human Hsp60 protein (P10809).
- WB: 293T, H1299, HeLaS3, HepG2, Molt-4, Raji,and mouse brain whole cell lysates. IF: A431 cells. IHC-P: NCI-N87 xenograft.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Raji whole cell lysate (ab30124)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab30151)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (0 days) (ab7188)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (14 days) (ab7189)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (7 days) (ab7190)
- MOLT4 whole cell lysate (ab7912)
- 293T whole cell lysate (ab95494)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137706 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/20000. Predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionImplicated in mitochondrial protein import and macromolecular assembly. May facilitate the correct folding of imported proteins. May also prevent misfolding and promote the refolding and proper assembly of unfolded polypeptides generated under stress conditions in the mitochondrial matrix.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSPD1 are a cause of spastic paraplegia autosomal dominant type 13 (SPG13) [MIM:605280]. Spastic paraplegia is a degenerative spinal cord disorder characterized by a slow, gradual, progressive weakness and spasticity of the lower limbs.
Defects in HSPD1 are the cause of leukodystrophy hypomyelinating type 4 (HLD4) [MIM:612233]; also called mitochondrial HSP60 chaperonopathy or MitCHAP-60 disease. HLD4 is a severe autosomal recessive hypomyelinating leukodystrophy. Clinically characterized by infantile-onset rotary nystagmus, progressive spastic paraplegia, neurologic regression, motor impairment, profound mental retardation. Death usually occurrs within the first two decades of life.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chaperonin (HSP60) family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 60 kDa chaperonin antibody
- 60 kDa heat shock protein, mitochondrial antibody
- CH60_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-Hsp60 antibody (ab137706) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : H1299 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa S3 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : MOLT4 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
7.5% SDS PAGE.
Anti-Hsp60 antibody (ab137706) at 1/20000 dilution + Mouse brain whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
7.5% SDS PAGE
Immunohistochemistry analysis of paraffin-embedded NCI-N87 xenograft tissue labelling Hsp60 with ab137706 at 1/500.
Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol-fixed A431 cells labelling Hsp60 with ab137706 at 1/200 (panel 1) and co-stained with Hoechst 33342 (panel 2).
This product has been referenced in:
- Bezawork-Geleta A et al. Alternative assembly of respiratory complex II connects energy stress to metabolic checkpoints. Nat Commun 9:2221 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29880867) »
- Bezawork-Geleta A et al. The Assembly Factor SDHAF2 Is Dispensable for Flavination of the Catalytic Subunit of Mitochondrial Complex II in Breast Cancer Cells. J Biol Chem 291:21414-21420 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 27587393) »