Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Hsp60
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hsp60 antibody
See all Hsp60 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hsp60
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Pufferfish, Zebrafish, Sea urchin, Chinese hamster
Synthetic peptide within Human Hsp60 aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P10809
- Hela cells, NIH3T3 cells, Colon carcinoma.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31115 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
FunctionImplicated in mitochondrial protein import and macromolecular assembly. May facilitate the correct folding of imported proteins. May also prevent misfolding and promote the refolding and proper assembly of unfolded polypeptides generated under stress conditions in the mitochondrial matrix.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSPD1 are a cause of spastic paraplegia autosomal dominant type 13 (SPG13) [MIM:605280]. Spastic paraplegia is a degenerative spinal cord disorder characterized by a slow, gradual, progressive weakness and spasticity of the lower limbs.
Defects in HSPD1 are the cause of leukodystrophy hypomyelinating type 4 (HLD4) [MIM:612233]; also called mitochondrial HSP60 chaperonopathy or MitCHAP-60 disease. HLD4 is a severe autosomal recessive hypomyelinating leukodystrophy. Clinically characterized by infantile-onset rotary nystagmus, progressive spastic paraplegia, neurologic regression, motor impairment, profound mental retardation. Death usually occurrs within the first two decades of life.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chaperonin (HSP60) family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 60 kDa chaperonin antibody
- 60 kDa heat shock protein, mitochondrial antibody
- CH60_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-Hsp60 antibody (ab31115) at 1/8000 dilution
Lanes 1 & 5 : Cow normal mammary epithelial cells (nMEC) treated with serum free media
Lanes 2 & 6 : Cow normal mammary epithelial cells (nMEC) treated with 1.0µM anisomycin
Lanes 3 & 7 : Cow normal mammary epithelial cells (nMEC) treated with 100ng/ml IGF-1
Lanes 4 & 8 : Cow normal mammary epithelial cells (nMEC) treated with anisomycin and IGF-1
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
All lanes : ECL Anti-Rabbit IgG, Horseradish Peroxidase Linked at 1/20000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa
Exposure time: 15 seconds
Treatment for 30 minutes (lanes 1-4) or 1 hour (lanes 5-8). 12.5% SDS-PAGE. Proteins collected in RIPA Buffer and transferred to PVDF (0.45 um).
Ab31115, at a 1/200 dilution, staining Hsp60 in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded human colon carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Anti-Hsp60 antibody (ab31115) at 1/25 dilution + lysate prepared from HeLa cells
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
ab31115 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Agostini-Dreyer A et al. IGFBP-3 Induced by Ribotoxic Stress Traffics From the Endoplasmic Reticulum to the Nucleus in Mammary Epithelial Cells. J Endocr Soc 3:517-536 (2019). PubMed: 30788454
- Jetzt AE et al. Toxicity of ricin A chain is reduced in mammalian cells by inhibiting its interaction with the ribosome. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 310:120-128 (2016). PubMed: 27639428
- Vale-Costa S et al. Influenza A virus ribonucleoproteins modulate host recycling by competing with Rab11 effectors. J Cell Sci 129:1697-710 (2016). PubMed: 26940915
- Agostini-Dreyer A et al. Endogenous IGFBP-3 mediates intrinsic apoptosis through modulation of Nur77 phosphorylation and nuclear export. Endocrinology N/A:en20151215 (2015). PubMed: 26340041
- Li XS et al. Heat shock protein 60 overexpression is associated with the progression and prognosis in gastric cancer. PLoS One 9:e107507 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25207654
- Jetzt AE et al. Ricin A-chain requires c-Jun N-terminal kinase to induce apoptosis in nontransformed epithelial cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:2503-10 (2009). WB ; Cow . PubMed: 19695342