Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [LK-2] to Hsp60
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Human, Pig, Monkey, Escherichia coli
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Hsp60 antibody [LK-2]
See all Hsp60 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [LK-2] to Hsp60
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Human, Pig, Monkey, Escherichia coli
Human Hsp60 produced through recombinant DNA methods in E.coli
- HeLa cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 0.00174% PMSF, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59458 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.25 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
FunctionImplicated in mitochondrial protein import and macromolecular assembly. May facilitate the correct folding of imported proteins. May also prevent misfolding and promote the refolding and proper assembly of unfolded polypeptides generated under stress conditions in the mitochondrial matrix.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSPD1 are a cause of spastic paraplegia autosomal dominant type 13 (SPG13) [MIM:605280]. Spastic paraplegia is a degenerative spinal cord disorder characterized by a slow, gradual, progressive weakness and spasticity of the lower limbs.
Defects in HSPD1 are the cause of leukodystrophy hypomyelinating type 4 (HLD4) [MIM:612233]; also called mitochondrial HSP60 chaperonopathy or MitCHAP-60 disease. HLD4 is a severe autosomal recessive hypomyelinating leukodystrophy. Clinically characterized by infantile-onset rotary nystagmus, progressive spastic paraplegia, neurologic regression, motor impairment, profound mental retardation. Death usually occurrs within the first two decades of life.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chaperonin (HSP60) family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 60 kDa chaperonin antibody
- 60 kDa heat shock protein, mitochondrial antibody
- CH60_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Hsp60 antibody [LK-2] (ab59458) at 1/1000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
Lanes 1-3 : Anti-Hsp60 antibody [LK-2] (ab59458) at 1/4000 dilution
Lanes 1-3 : Saccharomyces cerevisiae whole cell lysate at 6900000 cells
Lane 4 : Ladder
Lanes 1-2 : HRP-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG monoclonal at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 3 : HRP-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG monoclonal at 1/2000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa
Exposure time: 25 seconds
ab59464 at 100,000 dilution staining Hsp60 alpha in human colon tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Bouin's fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections). Tissue underwent heat mediated antigen retrieval in microwave with 2, 5 minutes incubation intervals in citrate buffer. An antibody amplifier™ system was used for staining. A HRP-conjugated anti mouse secondary was used at 1/10 dilution.
Paraffin-embedded mouse back skin tissue stained for Hsp60 using ab59458 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis. DAB staining.
ab59458 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Farrugia G et al. Aspirin impairs acetyl-coenzyme A metabolism in redox-compromised yeast cells. Sci Rep 9:6152 (2019). PubMed: 30992471
- Schultz MJ et al. Variable Inhibition of Zika Virus Replication by Different Wolbachia Strains in Mosquito Cell Cultures. J Virol 91:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28446677
- Mion F et al. Mast cells control the expansion and differentiation of IL-10-competent B cells. J Immunol 193:4568-79 (2014). PubMed: 25267976
- Bivi N et al. Transcriptome and proteome analysis of osteocytes treated with nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates. J Proteome Res 8:1131-42 (2009). PubMed: 19226166