Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HSP90B2P/TRAP1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HSP90B2P/TRAP1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HSP90B2P/TRAP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Cow, Dog, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish, Cynomolgus monkey, Syrian hamster, Orangutan
This product was previously labelled as HSP90B2P
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64182 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.
RelevanceHsp90 is a member of the heat shock protein 90 family that functions as a molecular chaperone and has ATPase activity. Hsp90 family proteins are highly conserved between isoforms and species. Several signal transduction pathways depend on Hsp90 function including erbB2, steroid hormone receptors (such as androgen, progesterone, glucocorticoid, and aryl-hydrocarbon), and hypoxia sensing (Hif1alpha). Recent reports show that tumor cells are more sensitive to Hsp90 inhibition and that Hsp90 from tumor cells is more sensitive to small molecule inhibitors (eg 17AAG). The mechanism of this differential sensitivity of normal versus tumor Hsp90 is not known (although mutation has been ruled out). One possible mechanism may be differences in post-translational modification of tumor Hsp90. Hsp90 is a cytoplasmic protein that forms a homodimer in vivo, and interacts with TOM34, AHSA1, HDAC6 and SMYD3.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum
- GRP94P1 antibody
- Heat shock protein 90kDa beta (Grp94) member 2 antibody
- HSP antibody
ab64182 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang L et al. TRAP1 attenuates H9C2 myocardial cell injury induced by extracellular acidification via the inhibition of MPTP opening. Int J Mol Med 46:663-674 (2020). PubMed: 32626957
- Zhu YW et al. Effect of dietary manganese on antioxidant status and expressions of heat shock proteins and factors in tissues of laying broiler breeders under normal and high environmental temperatures. Br J Nutr 116:1851-1860 (2016). PubMed: 27890044
- Zhu YW et al. Effect of dietary manganese on antioxidant status and expression levels of heat-shock proteins and factors in tissues of laying broiler breeders under normal and high environmental temperatures. Br J Nutr 114:1965-74 (2015). PubMed: 26435464