Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4596] to HSPA2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-HSPA2 antibody [EPR4596]
See all HSPA2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4596] to HSPA2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human HSPA2 aa 450-650 (C terminal).
- MCF-7, HeLa, A431, and Jurkat cell lysates; Human colon tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108416 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Antigen retrieval is recommended.
FunctionIn cooperation with other chaperones, Hsp70s stabilize preexistent proteins against aggregation and mediate the folding of newly translated polypeptides in the cytosol as well as within organelles. These chaperones participate in all these processes through their ability to recognize nonnative conformations of other proteins. They bind extended peptide segments with a net hydrophobic character exposed by polypeptides during translation and membrane translocation, or following stress-induced damage.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- Information by UniProt
- 70kDa antibody
- Hcp70.2 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HSPA2 antibody [EPR4596] (ab108416) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : MCF-7 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
ab108416, at 1/100 dilution, staining HSPA2 in paraffin-embedded Human colon tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab108416 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Scieglinska D et al. Various Anti-HSPA2 Antibodies Yield Different Results in Studies on Cancer-Related Functions of Heat Shock Protein A2. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32560263
- Birket MJ et al. A Human Stem Cell Model of Fabry Disease Implicates LIMP-2 Accumulation in Cardiomyocyte Pathology. Stem Cell Reports 13:380-393 (2019). PubMed: 31378672
- Sojka DR et al. Functional redundancy of HSPA1, HSPA2 and other HSPA proteins in non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC); an implication for NSCLC treatment. Sci Rep 9:14394 (2019). PubMed: 31591429
- Chen D et al. MicroRNA-634 functions as a tumor suppressor in pancreatic cancer via directly targeting heat shock-related 70-kDa protein 2. Exp Ther Med 17:3949-3956 (2019). PubMed: 30988777
- Ghosh A et al. Chronic E-Cigarette Exposure Alters the Human Bronchial Epithelial Proteome. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 198:67-76 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29481290
- Dumasia K et al. Estrogen, through estrogen receptor 1, regulates histone modifications and chromatin remodeling during spermatogenesis in adult rats. Epigenetics 12:953-963 (2017). PubMed: 28949791
- Gunnarsson AP et al. Dataset on gene expression profiling of multiple murine hair follicle populations. Data Brief 9:328-34 (2016). PubMed: 27672671
- Nguyen-Lefebvre AT et al. V-erbA generates ribosomes devoid of RPL11 and regulates translational activity in avian erythroid progenitors. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 23563180