Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HSV1 + HSV2 (HRP)
- Suitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HSV1 + HSV2 antibody (HRP)
See all HSV1 + HSV2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HSV1 + HSV2 (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Strain F (human).
Covalently coupled to a highly purified preparation of Horseradish Peroxidase (RZ>3). Free enzyme is absent. Estimated Molar HRP: IgG substitution is 2-3.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.002% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20922 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
May be used in place of whole antiserum in almost any appropriate antibody based technique. Also suitable for conjugation purposes.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceThere are two main types of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV), 1 and 2. The primary difference between the two types is in where they typically establish latency in the body. HSV1 usually establishes latency in the trigeminal ganglion, a collection of nerve cells near the ear. From there, it tends to recur on the lower lip or face causing cold sores. HSV2 usually resides in the sacral ganglion at the base of the spine. From there, it recurs in the genital area but even this difference is not absolute as in rare cases it can infect any part of the body, including the eyes. Up to 30% of genital herpes are also caused by HSV1. Both HSV1 and 2 are highly contagious through contact.
- Herpes simplex virus 1 antibody
- Herpes simplex virus 2 antibody
- Herpes simplex virus type 1 antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab20922 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.