Product nameAnti-HSV1 + HSV2 antibody (HRP)
See all HSV1 + HSV2 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to HSV1 + HSV2 (HRP)
SpecificityRecognises ICPs and late structural (virion) antigens.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with Herpes Simplex Virus 1 and 2. Not yet tested in other species.
Tissue/ cell preparation HSV type 1, Strain F
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.002% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 10mg/ml BSA. pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
Purification notes>95% pure.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34561 in the following tested applications.
WB: 1/20 - 1/200.
ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceThere are two main types of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV), 1 and 2. The primary difference between the two types is in where they typically establish latency in the body. HSV1 usually establishes latency in the trigeminal ganglion, a collection of nerve cells near the ear. From there, it tends to recur on the lower lip or face causing cold sores. HSV2 usually resides in the sacral ganglion at the base of the spine. From there, it recurs in the genital area but even this difference is not absolute as in rare cases it can infect any part of the body, including the eyes. Up to 30% of genital herpes are also caused by HSV1. Both HSV1 and 2 are highly contagious through contact.
- Herpes simplex virus 1 antibody
- Herpes simplex virus 2 antibody
- Herpes simplex virus type 1 antibody
ab34561 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.