Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3B6] to HSV1 + HSV2 ICP5 Major Capsid Protein - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-HSV1 + HSV2 ICP5 Major Capsid Protein antibody [3B6] - BSA and Azide free
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3B6] to HSV1 + HSV2 ICP5 Major Capsid Protein - BSA and Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IFA titer: HSV-1 1+ @ 1:3,200; HSV-2 1+ @ 1:3,200
ELISA titer: HSV-1 0.100 @ >1:102,400; HSV-2 0.100 @ >1:102,400
Western Blot Titer: HSV-1 >1:3,200; HSV-2 >1:3,200
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceHerpes simplex virus 1 and 2 (HSV-1 and HSV-2) are two species of the herpes virus family, Herpesviridae, which cause infections in humans. They are also called Human Herpes Virus 1 and 2 (HHV-1 and HHV-2) and are neurotropic and neuroinvasive viruses; they enter and hide in the human nervous system, accounting for their durability in the human body.
- Capsid protein VP5 antibody
- Herpes simplex virus 1 major capsid protein antibody
- Herpes simplex virus 2 major capsid protein antibody
Immunofluorescence analysis of HSV infected cells, 7 hours (left) or 17 hours (right) post-infection, staining HSV1 + HSV2 ICP5 Major Capsid Protein with ab6508 at 1/200 dilution.
Cells were fixed for 10 min in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 and blocked in 4% goat serum, 1% bovine serum albumin, before incubating with primary antibody for 30 min at room temperature. An AlexaFluor®647-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG1 was used as the secondary antibody.
ab6508 has been referenced in 37 publications.
- Wang Y et al. Single-cell RNA-sequencing analysis identifies host long noncoding RNA MAMDC2-AS1 as a co-factor for HSV-1 nuclear transport. Int J Biol Sci 16:1586-1603 (2020). PubMed: 32226304
- Chen Y et al. Single AAV-Mediated CRISPR-SaCas9 Inhibits HSV-1 Replication by Editing ICP4 in Trigeminal Ganglion Neurons. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev 18:33-43 (2020). PubMed: 32577430
- Wild P et al. Nuclear envelope impairment is facilitated by the herpes simplex virus 1 Us3 kinase. F1000Res 8:198 (2019). PubMed: 31249678
- Sun C et al. Cellular Requirements for Sensing and Elimination of Incoming HSV-1 DNA and Capsids. J Interferon Cytokine Res 39:191-204 (2019). PubMed: 30855198
- Li F et al. Amentoflavone Inhibits HSV-1 and ACV-Resistant Strain Infection by Suppressing Viral Early Infection. Viruses 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31121928