Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E55] to HtrA2 / Omi
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [E55]
See all HtrA2 / Omi primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E55] to HtrA2 / Omi
Specificityab32092 does not cross-react with other peptidase S1C family members.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human HtrA2/ Omi aa 100-200 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Jurkat cell lysate.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32092 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionSerine protease that shows proteolytic activity against a non-specific substrate beta-casein. Promotes or induces cell death either by direct binding to and inhibition of BIRC proteins (also called inhibitor of apoptosis proteins, IAPs), leading to an increase in caspase activity, or by a BIRC inhibition-independent, caspase-independent and serine protease activity-dependent mechanism. Cleaves THAP5 and promotes its degradation during apoptosis. Isoform 2 seems to be proteolytically inactive.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is ubiquitous. Isoform 2 is expressed predominantly in the kidney, colon and thyroid.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HTRA2 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 13 (PARK13) [MIM:610297]. A complex neurodegenerative disorder characterized by bradykinesia, resting tremor, muscular rigidity and postural instability, as well as by a clinically significant response to treatment with levodopa. The pathology involves the loss of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra and the presence of Lewy bodies (intraneuronal accumulations of aggregated proteins), in surviving neurons in various areas of the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1B family.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
DomainThe mature N-terminus is involved in the interaction with XIAP.
The PDZ domain mediates interaction with MXI2.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion intermembrane space. Mitochondrion membrane. Predominantly present in the intermembrane space. Released into the cytosol following apoptotic stimuli, such as UV treatment, and stimulation of mitochondria with caspase-8 truncated BID/tBID.
- Information by UniProt
- High temperature requirement protein A2 antibody
- HTRA 2 antibody
- HtrA like serine protease antibody
Anti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [E55] (ab32092) at 1/2000 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa
ab32092 at a 1:250 dilution staining Htr2A/ Omi in human lung adenocarcinoma, using Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin Embedded Tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32092 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Zhang J et al. Overexpression of macrophage stimulating 1 enhances the anti-tumor effects of IL-24 in esophageal cancer via inhibiting ERK-Mfn2 signaling-dependent mitophagy. Biomed Pharmacother 114:108844 (2019). PubMed: 30981108
- Ouyang H et al. Inhibitory effect of melatonin on Mst1 ameliorates myocarditis through attenuating ER stress and mitochondrial dysfunction. J Mol Histol 50:405-415 (2019). PubMed: 31256303
- He M et al. Lipopolysaccharide induces human olfactory ensheathing glial apoptosis by promoting mitochondrial dysfunction and activating the JNK-Bnip3-Bax pathway. Cell Stress Chaperones 24:91-104 (2019). PubMed: 30374881
- Lei Q et al. Mitochonic acid 5 activates the MAPK-ERK-yap signaling pathways to protect mouse microglial BV-2 cells against TNFa-induced apoptosis via increased Bnip3-related mitophagy. Cell Mol Biol Lett 23:14 (2018). PubMed: 29636771
- Wei Q et al. The mitochondrial pathway is involved in sodium fluoride (NaF)-induced renal apoptosis in mice. Toxicol Res (Camb) 7:792-808 (2018). PubMed: 30310657