Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR22] to HtrA2 / Omi
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [EPR22]
See all HtrA2 / Omi primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR22] to HtrA2 / Omi
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human HtrA2/ Omi.
- WB: Jurkat, 293T, and HeLa cell lysates. IHC-P: Human colon tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75982 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionSerine protease that shows proteolytic activity against a non-specific substrate beta-casein. Promotes or induces cell death either by direct binding to and inhibition of BIRC proteins (also called inhibitor of apoptosis proteins, IAPs), leading to an increase in caspase activity, or by a BIRC inhibition-independent, caspase-independent and serine protease activity-dependent mechanism. Cleaves THAP5 and promotes its degradation during apoptosis. Isoform 2 seems to be proteolytically inactive.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is ubiquitous. Isoform 2 is expressed predominantly in the kidney, colon and thyroid.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in HTRA2 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 13 (PARK13) [MIM:610297]. A complex neurodegenerative disorder characterized by bradykinesia, resting tremor, muscular rigidity and postural instability, as well as by a clinically significant response to treatment with levodopa. The pathology involves the loss of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra and the presence of Lewy bodies (intraneuronal accumulations of aggregated proteins), in surviving neurons in various areas of the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1B family.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
DomainThe mature N-terminus is involved in the interaction with XIAP.
The PDZ domain mediates interaction with MXI2.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion intermembrane space. Mitochondrion membrane. Predominantly present in the intermembrane space. Released into the cytosol following apoptotic stimuli, such as UV treatment, and stimulation of mitochondria with caspase-8 truncated BID/tBID.
- Information by UniProt
- High temperature requirement protein A2 antibody
- HTRA 2 antibody
- HtrA like serine protease antibody
All lanes : Anti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [EPR22] (ab75982) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 43 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon using ab75982 at 1/100-1/250 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab75982 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab75982, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was goat anti-rabbit Alexa Fluor® 488 (IgG H+L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Anti-HtrA2 / Omi antibody [EPR22] (ab75982) at 1/1000 dilution + Human Isolated mitochondria from NB4 cell line at 30 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Observed band size: 37 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Blocking buffer : 5% milk
Diluting buffer : 1% milk
High background signal after longer exposure.
ab75982 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhou J et al. Yap-Hippo promotes A549 lung cancer cell death via modulating MIEF1-related mitochondrial stress and activating JNK pathway. Biomed Pharmacother 113:108754 (2019). PubMed: 30875659
- Zhang C et al. Inhibition of HtrA2 alleviated dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis by preventing necroptosis of intestinal epithelial cells. Cell Death Dis 10:344 (2019). PubMed: 31019191
- Zhang L et al. Regulation of HtrA2 on WT1 gene expression under imatinib stimulation and its effects on the cell biology of K562 cells. Oncol Lett 14:3862-3868 (2017). PubMed: 28927158
- Liu R et al. A New Perspective for Osteosarcoma Therapy: Proteasome Inhibition by MLN9708/2238 Successfully Induces Apoptosis and Cell Cycle Arrest and Attenuates the Invasion Ability of Osteosarcoma Cells in Vitro. Cell Physiol Biochem 41:451-465 (2017). PubMed: 28214890
- Miyamoto M et al. High-temperature-required protein A2 as a predictive marker for response to chemotherapy and prognosis in patients with high-grade serous ovarian cancers. Br J Cancer 112:739-44 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25628093
- Mihailovich M et al. miR-17-92 fine-tunes MYC expression and function to ensure optimal B cell lymphoma growth. Nat Commun 6:8725 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26555894
- Rami A et al. Translocation of the serine protease Omi/HtrA2 from mitochondria into the cytosol upon seizure-induced hippocampal injury in the neonatal rat brain. Neurochem Res 35:2199-207 (2010). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 21132459