Product nameHuman 5HT4 Receptor peptide
See all 5HT4 Receptor proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102731 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- 5 HT 4
- 5 HT4
- 5 HT4R
RelevanceThe 5HT4 Receptor is one of the several different receptors for 5- hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins that stimulates adenylate cyclase. 5HT4a receptors may play a role in opioid-induced respiratory depression.
Cellular localizationCell membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein. Endosome. Note: Interaction with SNX27 mediates recruitment to early endosomes, while interaction with SLC9A3R1 and EZR might target the protein to specialized subcellular regions, such as microvilli.
ab102731 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.