Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.94 ng/ml
- Range: 12.5 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cerebral Spinal Fluid, Milk, Saliva, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Albumin ELISA Kit
See all Albumin kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 9.6%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Milk, Urine, Cerebral Spinal Fluid
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 0.94 ng/ml
Range12.5 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human Albumin ELISA kit (ab108788) is a sandwich ELISA kit designed for the quantitative measurement of albumin levels in urine, saliva, milk, cerebrospinal fluids and cell culture samples.
An albumin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently an albumin specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of albumin captured in plate.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human Albumin ELISA Kit (ab179887) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Please note: For both the 10X Diluent N Concentrate and 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate, please ensure to mix well by inversion before use to avoid precipitation.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Albumin Antibody 1 x 120µl Albumin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Albumin Standard 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml
FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Information by UniProt
- Albumin (32 AA)
SimpleStep ELISA kits
ab108788 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Yu Y et al. Overexpression of long noncoding RNA CUDR promotes hepatic differentiation of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells. Mol Med Rep 21:1051-1058 (2020). PubMed: 31894319
- Jain S et al. Saliva panel of protein candidates: A comprehensive study for assessing high altitude acclimatization. Nitric Oxide 95:1-11 (2020). PubMed: 31778801
- Kang D et al. Bioprinting of Multiscaled Hepatic Lobules within a Highly Vascularized Construct. Small N/A:e1905505 (2020). PubMed: 32078240
- Huang LH et al. Interleukin-17 Drives Interstitial Entrapment of Tissue Lipoproteins in Experimental Psoriasis. Cell Metab 29:475-487.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30415924
- Li L et al. Establishment of gene-edited pigs expressing human blood-coagulation factor VII and albumin for bioartificial liver use. J Gastroenterol Hepatol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30884543