Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
Product nameHuman ALKBH1 peptide
See all ALKBH1 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19826 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionDioxygenase that repairs alkylated single-stranded DNA and RNA containing 3-methylcytosine by oxidative demethylation. Requires molecular oxygen, alpha-ketoglutarate and iron. May have a role in placental trophoblast lineage differentiation (By similarity). Has DNA lyase activity and introduces double-stranded breaks at abasic sites. Cleaves both single-stranded DNA and double-stranded DNA at abasic sites, with the greatest activity towards double-stranded DNA with two abasic sites. DNA lyase activity does not require alpha-ketoglutarate and iron.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alkB family.
Contains 1 Fe2OG dioxygenase domain.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion. Nucleus. Mainly localizes in euchromatin, largely excluded from heterochromatin and nucleoli.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab19826 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.