Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.1 µg/ml
- Range: 0.063 µg/ml - 4 µg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein / AGP ELISA Kit (AGP)
See all Alpha 1 Acid Glycoprotein/AGP kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5.3% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 10%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity= 0.1 µg/ml
Range0.063 µg/ml - 4 µg/ml
= 98 %
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein / AGP Human in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitive measurement of Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein / AGP in plasma and serum.
An Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein / AGP specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently biotinylated Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein / AGP is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein / AGP captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 1X Biotinylated Human Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein / AGP (Lyophilized) 1 vial 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 30ml Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein / AGP Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Alpha 1 acid Glycoprotein / AGP Standard 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionAppears to function in modulating the activity of the immune system during the acute-phase reaction.
Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
- Information by UniProt
- AGP 1
ab108854 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Barffour MA et al. Malaria exacerbates inflammation-associated elevation in ferritin and soluble transferrin receptor with only modest effects on iron deficiency and iron deficiency anaemia among rural Zambian children. Trop Med Int Health 23:53-62 (2018). PubMed: 29121448
- Barffour MA et al. Comparability of Inflammation-Adjusted Vitamin A Deficiency Estimates and Variance in Retinol Explained by C-Reactive Protein and a1-Acid Glycoprotein during Low and High Malaria Transmission Seasons in Rural Zambian Children. Am J Trop Med Hyg 98:334-343 (2018). PubMed: 29165226
- Barffour MA et al. High Iron Stores in the Low Malaria Season Increase Malaria Risk in the High Transmission Season in a Prospective Cohort of Rural Zambian Children. J Nutr 147:1531-1536 (2017). PubMed: 28701387
- Palmer AC et al. Provitamin A-biofortified maize increases serum ß-carotene, but not retinol, in marginally nourished children: a cluster-randomized trial in rural Zambia. Am J Clin Nutr 104:181-90 (2016). Competitive ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 27169838