Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman Amylin/DAP peptide
See all Amylin/DAP proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab103557 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Amylin/DAP antibody (ab77387)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
This product was previously labelled as Amylin
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Diabetes associated peptide
FunctionSelectively inhibits insulin-stimulated glucose utilization and glycogen deposition in muscle, while not affecting adipocyte glucose metabolism.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calcitonin family.
DomainThe mature protein is largely unstructured in the absence of a cognate ligand, and has a strong tendency to form fibrillar aggregates. Homodimerization may be the first step of amyloid formation.
modificationsAmyloid fibrils are degraded by IDE.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab103557 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.