Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 4.12 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Angiopoietin 2 ELISA Kit (ANG2)
See all Angiopoietin 2 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range4.12 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 82.1 76% - 92% Serum 85.3 82% - 109% Plasma 96.9 95% - 116%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Angiopoietin 2 (ANG2) Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human Angiopoietin 2 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human Angiopoietin 2 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Angiopoietin 2 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human Angiopoietin 2 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Angiopoietin 2 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Angiopoietin 2 Microplate (12 x 8 well strip) 1 unit Biotinylated anti-Human Angiopoietin 2 (lyophilized) 2 vials Recombinant Angiopoietin 2 Standard Human (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionBinds to TEK/TIE2, competing for the ANGPT1 binding site, and modulating ANGPT1 signaling. Can induce tyrosine phosphorylation of TEK/TIE2 in the absence of ANGPT1. In the absence of angiogenic inducers, such as VEGF, ANGPT2-mediated loosening of cell-matrix contacts may induce endothelial cell apoptosis with consequent vascular regression. In concert with VEGF, it may facilitate endothelial cell migration and proliferation, thus serving as a permissive angiogenic signal.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fibrinogen C-terminal domain.
DomainThe Fibrinogen C-terminal domain mediates interaction with the TEK/TIE2 receptor.
- Information by UniProt
- ANG 2
ab99971 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Xia S et al. Abnormal expression of microRNA-575 leads to missed abortion through regulating apoptosis and angiogenesis. Exp Ther Med 14:3993-4000 (2017). PubMed: 29104621
- Zhou L et al. Plasma angiopoietin-2 is persistently elevated after non-small cell lung cancer surgery and stimulates angiogenesis in vitro. Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e4493 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27512865
- Genre F et al. Antitumour necrosis factor-a therapy modulates angiopoietin-2 serum levels in non-diabetic ankylosing spondylitis patients. Ann Rheum Dis 72:1265-7 (2013). PubMed: 23482472