For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12394 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-APH1a antibody (ab12104)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
Rabbit polyclonal to APH1a (ab12104) used at 1/500 on:
Lane 1: Human Brain Lysate
Lane 2: Mouse Brain Lysate
Lane 3: Human Brain Lysate + 1
Lane 4: Mouse Brain Lysate + 1
Secondary antibody : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (HRP) - pre-adsorbed at 1/5000 (ab7090).
Expected molecular weight was 30kDa. The band observed between 20-25kDa is likely to be an isoform of Aph1a.
We are unsure as to the identity of the minor band seen at 75kDa.
Blot exposure time=30 seconds
Rabbit polyclonal to APH1a (ab12104) used at 1/500 on: Lane 1: Human Brain Lysate Lane 2: Mouse Brain Lysate Lane 3: Human Brain Lysate + 1µg/ml APH1a blocking peptide (ab12394) Lane 4: Mouse Brain Lysate + 1µg/ml APH1a blocking pe
ab12394 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"